Menu Load Error

- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Will Sorceress find out what it really takes to become a Goddess?

SF shield

Based on 'Where My Heart Will Take Me' by Diane Warren

Song 3 ~ Faith


 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This fan fiction piece is based on the original works, “All New Super Friends Hour"; by Hannah Barbera, copyright 1977 and Extreme Justice #9 by DC Comics, Copyright 1995 and "Where my heart will take me", words and music by Diane Warren Copyright 2002 By Decca Music Group Limited. All original characters and plot lines are the property of the owners, and any resemblance to individuals either living or dead is coincidental. This piece is for entertainment purposes only and is not intended as a copyright infringement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorceress (Super Friend) in

SF shield

Song 3 ~ Faith

By Sasha Zarya Nexus

Based on 'Where My Heart Will Take Me' by Diane Warren

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had asked again for the chance to speak to the Exxorian Goddess.  I used my sorcery to change into the Exxorian robes of the Emissary of the Goddess.   I was glad that my form change to Exxorian was for me to call out, "Glivney!" while I held my palms together.  Had I been required to use her terran name, Jayna, I would not have been able to do it.  Nevertheless this was now my Exxorian form that I had and out of respect for the Goddess, I changed into it prior to our meeting.

 I could not deal with my Exxorian form being Glivney which was a reminder that in this universe she was dead.  She was the priestess of the Goddess who had perished when the temple had been destroyed .  She was also the friend and former Wonder Twin of this universe, Jayna.  I knew that she existed in another universe and she and her brother were dealing with the temporal causality loop that they had created.   Were it not for the intervention of the Goddess, that loop would have had this universe frozen between those few moments of time.

I felt myself being ported away from my Exxorian Space Cruiser orbiting the earth to her temple which no longer existed.  I suspected that we were in the past making use of the temple while those who attended it ordinarily were asleep.  Instead of being set up like a courtroom for judgment like the time that Dick's timeline was shifted forward to allow him to become Nightwing and Stephanie Brown's timeline shifted so instead of being Robin for 47 days she instead became Flamebird and a younger Rachel Wayne had taken her place as Robin, the Girl Wonder. 

A table was set up between two chairs.  On the table sitting in a holder was an object that was shaped like an ellipse only three dimensional.  It was a work of art composed of some of the most costly materials in the universe.  I found  myself dressed in the gown I wore now for my conversations with the Goddess which symbolized that I would be her successor.  It seemed obvious to me that when the Goddess arrived she would take one of the chairs so I went to one of the chairs and sat down and waited for her to appear.

It's been a long road getting from there to here.

The Goddess of Exxor appeared in all of her splendor and sat down with me.  "Greetings, Daughter! " We both stood and she came over and gave me a big hug.  "My Daughter, you have traveled a long road in getting to this place.  The journey is worthwhile both for you and for I as well as for the Exxorians"

"I submit myself to your will, my mother and I live for the journey"

"I am pleased, my daughter.   Yet you are uneasy with your present burden"

"I wear the form of my friend, Glivney, and instead of good things I dwell on death.  Her death in the temple in this universe and that she faces death in the universe she is in now."

"My daughter, I did not mean it for a burden but it was a consequence of the shift in timelines.  However, it is my intention that you by your efforts should introduce another timeline in which all the quadruplets survive.   I see no reason for you to suffer anguish in the mean time so I will give you another Exxorian form to wear."

I kneeled before her in anticipation of her blessing me by laying her hands on top of my head.  I felt the universe blink and heard the voice of the Goddess, "Rise Rua!"

I returned to my place in the seat beside the table and saw before me on the table a mirror and I looked and saw a different but clearly related girl reflected before me.  After seeing pictures of the  Wonder Twins' Mother when she was young, it was clear that I was now indeed, Rua, the Wonder Twins' mother, had perished in a plague when the Wonder Twins were young.  I never knew Rua so her form was not a burden to carry and this Rua was so young that I hoped that seeing me would not be as bad on the twins.

"Thank you for this blessing Mother.  I am pleased that I do not wear the form of one of the quadruplets any longer.   Did Rua have the same genetic mutation that gave the Wonder Twins their power?"

"Yes Daughter.  As Rua you can interact with the quadruplets to call forth the power in the same way as you could wearing Vylylia and Glivney's forms.  Her age at the time of the plague muted the natural immunity that she had.   She was weakened by both the disease and the death of her husband,  that she died too." .

"Mother, what is this object on the table between us?  It is very beautiful and looks to have immeasurable worth."

"Child, this object is the conduit of my blessing to one of the Exxorian people in the spring of each year in times past.  I knew that the most deserving of my blessing each year would be so humble as to feel others deserved my attention more than they.  In the spring is what is called commonly, "The Great Egg Hunt".  I would port the object from its place in the temple into hiding.  I chose the hiding place each year so that one of the deserving which didn't feel themselves worthy of my blessing would have an excuse to come before me and let me help them."

"Mother, this is the object as it was in the past.  What of the here and now?"

"I had ported it away in the hunt just before I traded my existence for that of the planet Exxor.  I presume that it escaped the cataclysm and still exists.  One day it will return to me as it always has been."

It's been a long time but my time is finally near!

"Mother, What task is it that you intend for me to do that will change the timeline?"

"Daughter, It has been a long time that I have been waiting to see the task accomplished, but my time is finally near that I will be able to observe its completion."

"Mother, when did your wait begin?"

"My dear Rua, this goes back to the assault on Exxor.  It began with their super weapon being detonated which involved all the bombs being placed around Exxor in the same manner that all the bombs were placed on Earth."

"What Happened?"

"Even a Goddess has limits to her power and mine is more about people than things.   The only way that I could stop the explosion was to place a hole in my timeline where I did not and could never exist.  I was able to summon the great power to do away with the already exploding bombs and afterward I no longer existed.  From the perspective of Exxor the doomsday weapon was never detonated."

"How did the enemy react?"

"The enemy, Drax, when he could not carry out a plan for world destruction, carried out a campaign of terror calculated to drive all the Exxorians away from the planet starting with the destruction of my Temple."

"And how do I fit in?"

"My daughter, when you are ready to take on this challenge, I will give you access to all of my powers while retaining my ability to use them as well as part of your training.  I hope that you will go where I can not go and do what I can not do, save the temple and banish Drax from Exxor."  


And I will see my dream come alive at last, I will touch the sky!

"Daughter, in that day I will witness the result of my dream coming true.  I understand that you have learned to fly.  Come fly with me and I will show you the glory of my temple and of the planet Exxor before it was soiled by Drax."

"I love to fly, Mother! It seems like I touch the sky.  Lead on!"

As if on cue both of us lifted up towards the high vaulted ceiling.  We both flew towards a window in the roof where the light shown thru.  I found that it was energy keeping out the weather and we both passed right thru it and up into the sky.  

The wonder of flight and the freedom overwhelms me as the Goddess and I raced skyward hand in hand.  We circled the grounds of the temple in all its glory.   The temple shining as a testimony to the people's devotion and all of the other buildings and areas on the temple grounds for those who had devoted their lives to the Goddess.  I wept seeing it in all of its beauty and remembering the photos I had seen of the same spot now on the planet Exxor where all that remained was a lifeless crater where all of this had been and a tiny memorial to all those who died as the temple and all of its environs were consumed by the explosion.

We flew round the globe and I was treated to the beauty of the planet Exxor before Drax had left his mark on this world.  This was much more rewarding seeing it first hand than in the holographic images that I had seen as I studied the planet and its people.  It was so very much more relaxed talking with the Goddess as we were flying.  There were other questions I was dying to ask and now seemed the time to ask them.


And they're not gonna hold me down no more!

"It is difficult to be earth bound when having an experience like this."

"It is thru you, my successor, that I intend that the one thing that I can not fix may be righted."

 "I look forward to being able to make that dream come true, Mother"

"Will that be the end?"

"While you prevent the destruction, I can't be with you where I cant exist.  After you return to the here and now, we will have more time together as I teach you more before I leave."

"I will be glad Mother that the forces of Drax will be unable to hold you down any more."

"I will be glad to share my power with you, Daughter in that day and for you to take my place as Goddess before the people of Exxor.   I will be free to make sure that you have everything you need before I place the full burden of being the Goddess upon you."

"Thank you Mother, for placing so much confidence in me.  I wont disappoint you


No, they're not gonna change my mind!

"Knowing this, Daughter, does it change your mind? Are you still willing to be my successor."

"Mother, I am not gonna change my mind.  No matter what the challenges are, I will be committed to the calling to which I have been given."

"Thank you my Daughter! It warms my soul to know that you will not be turned away from the purpose."

"Will I have to give up being Sorceress and human when I take your place as the Goddess ?"

"My Daughter, that will be up to you after I depart.  After all you will be Goddess alone and free to do whatever you feel is right."

"Mother, Will I have to be celibate in order to assume the mantle of the Goddess?"

"No, daughter, that is not a requirement.  Should you choose to marry, your spouse will not be imbued with the power for that is yours alone to carry.  There have been others in the past who wore the mantle of Goddess who had a consort and I expect that there will be more in the future."

"Thank you, Mother.  There is a special young man in my life.   We have chosen not to show our love in that special way until both of us are adults.   I am enjoying myself in the here and now and I'm glad that I would not have to give up having him be a special part of my life to fulfill this new destiny."

"You are welcome, child.  I have enjoyed this talk  Is there anything else that you would like to ask me?"

"Mother, my heart is clear.  Thank you for spending this time with me."

"Daughter, may you go in love."  She ported me from out of midair back to the starship where she had found me.


Cause I got faith of the heart, I'm going where my heart will take me!

There was one place where my heart was taking me and that was to Sam's side.   I had faith that everything that the Goddess expected would come to pass.  I felt that by going where my heart would take me that I would be prepared for the future that would come.  For now my heart was urging me to enjoy the here and now.  I pressed my palms together and said, "Joan Ellen" transforming me back to my mundane human form.  I knew just where Sam would be, on the baseball field whether it was playing a game or practicing with his teammates that is his second love, after me of course.  I ported away to where my heart was taking me.

I appeared in the stands and saw Sam on the mound.   I looked at the scoreboard and could see that Sam was pitching a no hitter from the line score.  He seemed in the groove where he could do no wrong.  I cheered him on as every pitch nibbled at the corners as those few pitches which struck wood were only ground outs or pop ups.  Finally the last pitch was delivered as the third out was made and the no hitter went into the record books.

I wanted to run onto the field and jump into his arms.  Our eyes met and the look in his eyes told me that as soon as he could that he would be joining me. Instead, I watched as his teammates swarmed him and lifted him on their shoulders and carried him off the field.    I wasn't disappointed as I waited outside the clubhouse door with some more of the player's girlfriends.  Sam took one look at me as he emerged from the door and swept me up and spun me around in his arms.

I got faith to believe I can do anything!

"How are you gorgeous? I missed you!" He held me in his arms and kissed me passionately.  

When we had come up for air, I answered, "I feel wonderful, handsome and I missed you too.":

"I can tell, you passionate minx!" I melted in his arms and life was very good.  I didn't realize how much time had past but it became apparent when only Sam and I were standing by the clubhouse door and the lights went off both on the field and in the club house.

All of a sudden a light appeared in Sam's eyes and at the same time I felt the universe blink and I wondered what had happened.  "Joan, I have to go back inside.  I left something inside. It will only take a moment." 

"OK, Sam, I'll wait right here for you."

Sam tried the door and it seemed to be locked.   Sam was really determined to get thru that door so he tried again to force the door open.  He lifted the whole door off as the hinges broke. He propped up the door on the side of the club house.

"Wow!  that's not normal and I didn't cause it!"

"I know!  All of a sudden I feel so powerful! My whole body is energized! I believe that I can do anything!  Wow, what a rush!"

While I used my sorcery to make the door whole, Sam in a much more controlled way tested to see what kind of powers that he might have in addition to super strength.  As he ticked off his list of powers, it became obvious that he had a lot of the same powers as Superman.  This was perplexing because I checked to see if he had  been changed into a Kryptonian.  It was conclusive that he was a Terran, just an extraordinary one.

Sam went thru the now unlocked door to get the thing he left.  He soon returned with a wrapped present which he handed to me.  Like a kid at Christmas, I ripped off the wrapping paper to reveal a box of my favorite Godiva chocolates.  I gave him a big hug and kiss as he wrapped me up in his arms

"What an extraordinary man you are, Sam!  That's it!  You can be Extraman!"

"I like it! Okay, I'm Extraman! Can you design me a costume?"

"Can I?  Of course! So mote it be!" And Sam was clothed in costume that had the same colors of Sorceress's own so they would look good side by side.  It had a small mask like my costume had and on his chest was the Greek letter Epsilon.  The one thing that it lacked was a cape since I could hear Edna Mole in my head saying, "No Cape!"

"So what next, Sweetie?"

"I guess the best place to check out your new powers is in the Hall of Justice.  I happen to have an in with them. Let's put you thru your paces in the combat simulator room."

As I changed into my Sorceress costume, Sam responded, "Let's do it!"

I ported us directly into the Hall of Justice's combat simulator room.


I got strength of the soul and no one's gonna bend or break me!

I always knew that Sam had strength of the soul, but finding out he had super powers too was something that I would have never expected.   In the back of my mind, I assumed that it was a consequence of the judgment of the Goddess that he had gone thru. 

"Computer, recognize Sorceress and enter command mode"

"Sorceress identity confirmed, awaiting commands"

"Register Sam Waterman codename Extraman and grant limited access to Super Friends facilities as a subject of interest."

"Confirm Extraman registered as person of interest and granted limited access.  Ready to record voice print"

Sam answered "Sam Waterman codename Extraman"

"Voice print recorded and dossier file initiated."

"Well that squares you with the computer, Sam Lets put you thru your paces.  Let's try this!"

"Computer, initiate Superman exercise program one participant Extraman, control Sorceress"

"Compliance!"  An area of the room was protected by force fields and things that Superman found challenging began to confront Sam.  Since he was just getting used to his powers, he did not always cleanly meet each challenge but the mistakes proved his invulnerability.  In each situation should he be in actual danger, I was ready to make a catch and prevent any harm to Sam.  He was determined that nothing was going to bend or break him.  Sam in part of the exercises demonstrated precision flying which came quite naturally to him.  When the end signal sounded, Sam lighted beside me and caught his breath.  "Now that was a workout!"

"Are you gain for one more?"  Superman had an exercise where he practiced disposing of Kryptonite and he had a small quantity of green K that the room used to give realism to the exercise.  I wanted to see if being exposed to Green K would show the same vulnerability as Superman.  "Computer run Superman exercise Green K disposal, participant Extraman, control Sorceress"  "Compliance!"

The program set up and exposed Sam to Green K.  Instead of the long range disposal techniques that Superman had to use, Sam just walked right up to the green K without any ill effect and placed it in a lead container which had been provided which ended the simulation. "How do you feel, Extraman?" 

"I feel fine.  No ill effects.  Green K doesn't phase me."

"That's really good news.   We'll still have to keep watch out for anything that might be a problem to you but it is really good that it's not the same one as Superman."

I can reach any star!

"Joan, would you like to go fly with me?"

"I'd love to, Sam!  Let me port us outside of the hall and we can really open up."

"Okay, Joan!" I ported us into the sky above the Hall of Justice.   Instead of a sightseeing trip, Sam had only one thing on his mind.  He wanted to see how fast he could go.  We both shot upward thru the air and soon came thru the atmosphere into space.  Once into space we went even faster.  Sam was pointed at a star and we both sped toward it.   We reached the speed of light and we entered subspace which was a rush for both of us. 

We came out of subspace as we slowed to come to a stop bathed in the light of the star that we had reached.  I was so proud of my Sam!  Without a magical assist, I would have never kept up with him.   Sam rewarded me for the journey as he took me into his arms and kissed me! Oh that was heaven, making out within the environ of another star. 


I got faith, I got faith, Faith of the heart!

This was another wonderful day for me!  My faith was rewarded with so many blessings.   I no longer had to worry about Sam since Sam could take care of himself.  He has faith in me and I have faith in him.  Together there is no telling where our hearts will take us!  It was all due to our faith of the heart!

"I love you, Joan!"

"I love you too, Sam!"

Chapter End Notes:

This fan fiction piece is based on the original works, “All New Super Friends Hour"; by Hannah Barbera, copyright 1977 and Extreme Justice #9 by DC Comics, Copyright 1995 and the song "Believe it or not", written by Mike Post and Stephen Geyer Copyright 1981 Elektra Records and "The Greatest American Heroine Copyright 1986 Stephen J Cannell and "Part of your World", by Howard Ashman and Alan Menken  Copyright  1988 By Walt Disney Music Company and "Where my heart will take me", words and music by Diane Warren Copyright 2002 By Decca Music Group Limited. All original characters and plot lines are the property of the owners, and any resemblance to individuals either living or dead is coincidental. This piece is for entertainment purposes only and is not intended as a copyright infringement.

 

This is the temporary end to "Super Friends: The Musical"  The rest of the story is outlined and will be written but hasn't yet.   I've got several other stories in the same situation.   I will add at least one chapter per month to all my stories till they are finished.   Your reviews both in the quantity and the number of different people interested will give me some direction on which stories that you care about the most and that will give me motivation to write on them.   I pledge that this story will be finished.   It will just take time but how much time depends on you!

To be continued... (Incomplete)
Sasha Nexus is the author of 6 other stories.