Menu Load Error

- Text Size +

Gaby Verse - Woody's View
Fan-Fiction
by Stanman

 

Synopsis:Is where Mister Woods gives his view on things.    

I am Mister Woods, Head Master at Warsop College in Church Warsop. I have been here for several years, first as a teacher and now as a Head Master. I was a student here along with my friends John Peters and Dave Bond. We were the schools top athletes; John was tall, whereas Dave and I a bit shorter. We played upon the schools soccer team. Together, we were able to set up several goals.

 

After we graduated, I learned about the special people that are tagged as different by society. I was in college when I met a student that was in transition. I never knew that Sara was in transition. I always thought of her as a girl. But she was outed when she went to Sweden to have her surgery.

When she returned, I was one of the few that supported her. Unfortunately, the zealots banned together and forced the college to drop her from the rolls. When that happened, me and a few other students dropped out and transferred to other colleges. Sara has gone on and has earned her degree in psychiatry. She now conducts sensitivity training to help others.

I have taken her course and because I have seen that there are others out there like Sara, I have made it mandatory that the entire faculty takes the course. Most of them did without complaint, but a few complained and when I explained my position, the City Council and Board of Stewards both endorsed my requirement. Then, Warsop College lost a few teachers, but gained teachers like Jenny Bond.

I wish that we had more teachers that were like Jenny Bond; we would be much better off with teachers of her capabilities. She is pretty and young enough to identify with the students. I have seen her help a student that needed tutoring and a few that developed a crush upon her were treated with respect until they found another love.

I have tried to teach each student equally, but Drew Bond stands out from the rest. He is very much like his Mum, Jenny Bond. Both love cycling and both are champions. Drew hero-worships his Mum. He wants to be the men's champion where she is the women's champion.

Jenny bond taught geography to the First Form students and treated them all fairly. She treats them with respect and will kid with them a bit before and after class, but she is all business during class. She has the talent of making geography come alive for the students. And the fact that she taught her own children simply adds to her credit.

In school, she is Mrs. bond to her children. It was hard for her not to show pride in her children when they made top marks in school, so she took great pleasure in letting herself get volunteered to drive her children and their friends around after school. Jenny loves their friends and likes knowing them and their parents.

But Jenny's Dream was to race upon her cycle. She gave up racing except for local events when she got pregnant first with Juliet, then Drew. But she has never regretted raising her children. She loves children and Dave Bond has been her main support. He has given up his dream archeology for his family, first Jenny and now Drew, but he still gets in his time whenever they travel to race, so at least he has that.

Dave has for years worked strange hours so that he could be there for Jenny when she raced and has a talent of adjusting the bike to fit the rider. He has helped first jenny, now Drew to become Champion. She gave Drew his racing spirit and he passed it on to his cousin Maddy. Now that Drew has gone to Germany, she is racing.

But Dave has passed on his love of castles onto Drew. Whenever Dave is not able to be there, Drew takes pictures of all the castles that they visit. Drew does this to honor his Dad and he has met others bitten by the same bug that bit Dave.

Dave has proven to be a magician when it comes to bikes. He can adjust a bike to fit the rider by making slight adjustments to the bike that others would miss. That is the secret behind Jenny and Drew winning all the time as well as their tenacity.

I knew that Jenny would one day leave us, but I never guessed that she would cause such a sensation. She and Drew won a charity tandem bike race here. They won first place and for best costume as well. That was Drew's first race and he has proven to be as good as his Mum.

The first time that I saw him dressed as a girl was at the Easter Convention. Drew made a very pretty girl and I thought that he would be the perfect model for our new school brochure. It was time to send out brochures to new students and I felt that Drew was the perfect choice.

I called his mum who was in Germany and she gave permission. What I neglected to tell her or Dave at the time nor Drew was that he was going to be modeling as a girl. If they knew, then they might have declined. I am hoping that my subterfuge never causes him any problems.

Mrs. Cowlishaw and I took Drew to be outfitted as a girl and gave drew a set of breast forms, glue and solvent as well as a gaffe that lets him look like a girl. We took him to Sylvie to have her give him the complete treatment so that come Monday, he would be Gaby for a week while her pictures were taken. Drew was sick for that week to explain away his absence. When I paid drew for the modeling, it was made it out to Gaby, not to Drew. He was able to cash it anyway. If he had asked, I would have cashed it myself.

What I never expected was for Gaby to keep on making appearances. We had a Sports Day where Maddy entered herself and Drew in a badminton tournament. She did not know that it was not coed, so Drew played as Gaby and they won the cup. Next time, it will be coed.

Then when the American students came for a visit, they helped us to form our own team. Maddy drafted Gaby into being a Cheerleader and me and Miss C made sure that Drew was willing to be a girl cheerleader. If not, then he would have been excused. I will not let a student be bullied by another if I can help it.

There have been others that have been bullied and I have made sure that my school will not tolerate bullying. The staff is well versed in helping the problem student and seeing to it that they are treated with respect, but those two American students hurt Drew.

Brit and Deb both acted as if Drew was a girl and made sure that he was Gaby as often as they could. Then when Drew and everybody went to America, Drew had to be Gaby all of the time. Well, Brit and Deb were amply rewarded for hurting Drew, but the one American that caused the most hurt was Dan.

Dan was staying with Rhod, Rhod had to visit his dad in Wales for the weekend and when he returned, he was dressed as Em. Dan went atomic and said racist remarks to Sabrina, the only black American in the group. Sabrina stood up for Em and got verbally blasted by Dan. Sylvie, Em's Mum put a stop to it and Dan was put on probation only to be disqualified later.

Brit and Deb had drafted Drew into being Gaby for the disco to say farewell to the Americans. Dan forced a kiss upon Gaby who then decked him and then had to be taken home by her Dad. Drew is a sensitive young man and what those girls did to him, I made sure that it was known and the American teachers that were here with the students kept a record.

At least Drew has his cycling to comfort him, although he does tend to over do it at times and have wrecks as well. He has passed out at the end of a race because he tends to forget to hydrate or take in enough carbs for the race.

He has had the problem seen about and it is related to his small stature. Drew is basically a late bloomer and as such is developing more as a girl than a boy and he is a bit anemic. He has refused to take any testosterone to jump start his puberty because he cycles, but he takes iron pills to help and has started taking water and energy bars on his races.

He has had a few wrecks while cycling and even then, he does everything to win. He will not let anything keep him from finishing a race. He has carried his bike across the finish only to pass out. Drew is our wunderkind, I just hope that he stops getting hurt, but then that is Drew for you.

I have used both Jenny and Drew as examples of good sportsmanship. I have announced it whenever either doe well in a race. Drew would rather not be noticed, but we need such examples here. I have contacts throughout the country that lets me know when a student or teacher does something special. I just wish that I had more students like Drew.

Maddy has started cycling thanks to Drew, she used to massage his legs, but she was finally bitten by the racing bug and has been cycling at a few events with Drew. She is not quite a good as Drew, but she has improved enough to where she can grab the championship if she tries.

But she misses Drew and cannot seem to truly give it her all. She does not want to hurt Drew and holds back. If she were to race to win, I know that Drew would be proud of her. Right now, Maddy is very much like a child needing her Mum or Dad to tell her they are proud of her.

Drew and Maddy were very close while he was here and now that he is in Germany, she is missing her best friend. She now must live without her best friend right there for her just as Ally has to be without Rhod while he is in Wales with his dad, At least when he returns as Em, Ally will have her best friend back. But Maddy has no such luck.

But Maddy is a trooper, I know that she will overcome and be all the stronger in the end I know that she wants to marry Drew, when that happens, Drew and Maddy will have made each other very happy and I wish them all the best.

To be continued... (Incomplete)
Stanman63 is the author of 11 other stories.