Menu Load Error

- Text Size +

Point Of View- Thomas Agnew's-2
Easy As Falling Off A Bike
Fan-Fiction
by Stanman

 

Synopsis:Is where Professor Thomas Agnew talks about the story.    

That Stella has indeed become like a second daughter to me and I have sweet and gentle Cathy to thank for bringing her and her brother into my life. Now I feel as if I have three wonderful children. They have all reawakened my tired old heart, now I feel young again.

 

After my wife died, I had to carry on to raise my daughter Cathy. I never remarried because I could never bear the thought of another woman taking my wife's place. My daughter Cathy was raised by and mothers of other students taught her to be a lady, but she was soon to leave me a bitter and broken man.

When Cathy died, my world ended and I almost took my life. but the student and Faculty supported me and loved me through my grief. After mourning my daughter Cathy and my wife, I decided that it was my duty to live on and help other students to grow into the person they were inside. Cathy had just graduated from the University when she passed on and her loss became my inspiration.

For twenty ears I have seen many a student pass through here and have even seen their children grace us as they came through here on their road of discovery, but finally, after all this time, a student came through that changed my life for the better and that student was Cathy.

Cathy was a very shy young woman that had attempted suicide before. My heart went out to her and I wanted to shield her from harm. I knew that she came here as Charlie and I supported her transition into Cathy.

Cathy soon blossomed under the guidance of Stella and became the
new reason for me to live. Cathy became quite the dutiful young lady and took over all of the domestic duties when she came here to stay for awhile.

That girl got my home clean from top to bottom and sorted out my wardrobe, she even found some things that I thought that had been discarded years ago.

By the time that she was through, half of my wardrobe was sent off to the Charity Shops because the were too small for my girth. Now I have the fun of replacing all of those clothes.

Do I really want to get more of those bell-bottom jeans and matching shirts? Hardly!! I out grew that fashion ages ago.[Chuckle.] Too bad Simon can't wear them, he would be quite the dashing banker looking so "Modern." {Guffaw.}

Cathy not only cleaned up the house, she also became quite the cook as well. It all really started thanks to her Dad. He suffered from a stroke after Cathy's Mum died and wanted Cathy to fix his meals for him.

Funny thing is that Cathy never really learned to cook. Well Cathy, ever the dutiful daughter, started fixing him soups and breads. I must say that she has proven to be a chef equal to those in any eatery. She went from making scrumptious breads and tasty soups to exquisite dinners fit for the palate a king or even a dog.[Chuckle.]

One time as we were sitting down to dinner, some rowdy blokes were out hunting a poor fox. Said fox had gotten through my fence and was hiding. Those scoundrels were intent upon destroying MY property for their stupid sport.

Well, THAT got Cathy's ire up BIG TIME!! She abhors anyone that harms any animal and was quite ready to trounce them by herself. Well, Simon, Stella and I were able to calm her down after a bit and get them to leave.

But by the time we got back to dinner, my dog had dined upon the roast. She ate the whole thing.{Chuckle.] We had a meatless night that night