Menu Load Error

- Text Size +

King Of The Rim
6-Legacy

By Stanman63

Edited By Nora Adrienne, JennaFl for Proofreading
with Special Thanks to Sephrena Lynn Miller for Guidance and ChrisW. for the Illustration!


Synopsis:After learning about his pedigree, and confronting the traitor, John Carter accepts his role as the Prince of the Trillannii Throne and all of its Duties and Jane Meadows Love as well as her curse, little knowing that in doing so, that he would set into motion actions that would lead to unveiling a terrible secret.

King_medallion.jpg


John looked at Captain Trent, "Sir, what exactly is on our itinerary? I need to know so that I can reschedule our meetings."

Captain Trent chuckled, "John, you just gave us our next destination." ['He still thinks that he's on a Naval Vessel, time to teach him different.']

Jane hugged him, "John, as a Merchant Cruiser, we have no set itinerary, we basically go where we please. Only those that serve a route are on any schedule." ['I wonder if we will now have a schedule?']

John blushed at her loving smile, "Jane..." ['DAMN! She takes my breath away! Is this how Dad feels about Mom?"']

Captain Trent chuckled, "Easy there, you two. John, channel your Love foe Jane into your Medallion until you can manage your emotions. THEN you will be the Knight we need." ['He has all the signs of being like his father.']

John's Medallion glowed with a soft, golden light that enveloped him and Jane, then retracted into his and Jane's Medallion causing both to glow.

John looked Jane in the eyes, "Jane, I LOVE you with all of my Heart! My LIFE is yours."

Jane returned John's gaze, John, I LOVE you with all of my Heart! My LIFE is yours."

The glow faded away, leaving both of them dazed and confused. "Good! It has happened."

"What has happened?" they chorused.

"Your Medallions have now linked to each other, bonding your Souls together. Now, you can track one another and speak telepathically to each other."

"But Captain Trent, we just met. Why would our medallions link like you say?' asked Johnny.

"Because, your hearts already know the truth, even if you deny it."

"Are you saying that our medallions have basically married us?"

Captain Trent smiled, "Yes, Princess Jane. The medallions never lie. Now, when you meet others blessed to have a medallion, they too will know who both of you are."

But what about the Imperials? Can they discover the truth?"

"No, the medallion gives the wearer immunity to all forms of interrogation. That is why Trillannii agents can easily infiltrate Imperial installations and stay hidden."

=================
Interlude-Freedom
==================

In deep space, near the Trillannii Naval Yard, an ancient vessel from the past drops out of hyperspace, on a collision course with the Trillannii Naval Yard Complex, housing the engineers and supplies. In temporary command, Chancellor Merlin.

"Commander, we have a situation."

"Details, Security Officer Lyon."

"An ancient Imperial Troop Transport has arrived in system, on a collision course with the Complex."

"Any life signs?"

"Yes, but very faint."

"What is the model and registry?"

"Model class Royal Transport, registry number: 01," she said in awe and wonder, her lions mane hair spreading out in response.

"DAMN! The Freedom has returned from the grave!" exclaimed Merlin.

On the main screen, the registry number shown in mirror paint and the name Royal Servant on the long, tapering body that flowed into a delta wing housing the engines with a smaller identical unnamed pod melded atop the man body. Lights from the windows on both vessels were dimmed.

"Sir, are we going to salvage the ship and survivors?"

Merlin smiled, "Oh, most definitely, Miss Lyon."

"My given name is Selina, Sir."

"My apologies my lady. But with you wearing that security bodysuit, you are quite fetching," he said as he knelt.

She blushed, Sir, I am not a Lady. I am a commoner. Besides, we need to tend to the business at hand."

He sat back in his command seat, "You are right. Protocol demands that we ascertain the danger factor of the intruder. Launch the medical/security/engineer teams and erect the deflectors, But we have a month until its momentum will bring it here."

"True, but there could be nasty surprises. It's my duty to protect us from harm," she admonished him as she launched the launch ready teams to intercept the ship.

* * *

Each team was trained in multiple disciplines to ensure their survival. Each team was rotated to keep the teams fresh, and were stationed in a ready room, with the shuttle pod's access hatch kept open. When an alert was sounded, the teams bolted for the pod, awaiting orders for departure. Each pod is a fully equipped patrol cruiser minus escape pods, relying upon the teams action suits to prov, state rooms provide life support in case of emergency.

Each pod consists of a cockpit, passenger area, cargo hold and engine compartment, making surplus pods a highly sought after vessel by corporations, entrepreneurs, and individuals and small families filled with wanderlust. .

* * *

"Three teams are on their way."

"Good, prepare to launch the medivac shuttles."

"What about Sickbay?"

"After we ascertain that the shuttles are needed."

"A communiqué from Team 1."

"On screen."

On the main screen, a unisex soldier in white armor with the sword icon on its helmet appeared, "Sir, the entire crew is in hibernation."

"Status of ships navigation systems?"

"All systems are functioning normally."

"Then why is the ship here?"

"The ship came through a chronal shift that sent it ahead in time."

"By how much?"

"One hundred and fifty years."

"That computes, the Freedom was launched one hundred and fifty five years ago "

Then a second soldier with a red cross icon on its forehead appeared, "Sir, all of the crew are alive, but many need medical intervention to deal with various maladies that the sleep pods could not repair."

"Is a quarantine needed?"

"It is strongly advised."

"Security, launch medivac shuttles, with quarantine systems, and alert sick bay."

"Done, Sir."

"Commander, I have a recording from the commander downloaded just before launch."

"Play recording."

* * *

It is hard to believe that we are finally leaving this prison that the Empire tried to exile us to, but we are about to leave and join the other Colonies that have left the Empire behind them. The Empire began a policy of genocide against all Trans-gendered people. The colonies opened up their borders to us and soon, we were leaving in an exodus, leaving the Empire behind. The Empire made us a gift of one of their mothballed Troop Transports to take the final 50,000 to our destination. Little did we know that the Empire had planned for our flight to end in tragedy.

All was going well until we made the final jump, and then the ship deposited us at the Prison Planet and jettisoned us into orbit, stranding us here.

For fifty years, we struggled to survive here with the prisoners who were themselves exiled here as we were. Together, we were able to convert the complex into a serviceable colony.

Recently, the Troop Transport that had stranded us was found in orbit of our moon. It had been left behind because it had run out of fuel.

We have been able to refuel it and ready it to take us to our new home. Our friends have been looking for us all this time and are awaiting our arrival. As for this place, since it has been abandoned by the Empire, it will become a new colony for us.

Even though life here is harsh, there is an abundance of metals and rare earths here for the taking. Looks as if the Empire loses out in the end.
Now we are about to leave, I can hear the engines start up and I can see the stars dance as we make the jump. What our new life will be I do not know, but it will be better than what we leave behind.

* * *

"Now we know what happened. Soldier, can the ship be safely docked?"

"Affirmative, in fact, we can even dock it at the sickbay quarantine port."

"Do so."

"Shall I alert sickbay?"

"No, security, protocol demands that when quarantine shuttles are launched, for the port to be readied."

* * *

John went forward, "Mutt, Jeff, you lads know our destination?" ['Let's see if they're as attentive to Bridge Chatter as their Naval Counterparts.']

"Course plotted, and ready to execute course correction," rumbled Mutt.

"Don'cha freyat noyan. We'yell geyat ya' theya," responded Jeff.

"Mutt, Jeff, you have the con," said the Captain as he glided off the Bridge.

"Aye, aye, Sir," they chorused.

"John, it'll be awhile before we get there. Why not get some rest?" ['Will he accept my offer?']

John extended his hand, "Lead the way, My Lady."

================
Interlude: Aztec
================

On the Aztec bridge, Executive Officer Brick was in command as Captain

"Sir, there is a communiqué from a Captain Abdul for the Captain. Should I page him?"

"Lenard, you know that the Captain hates speaking to that flotsam. I will take it." ['This guy is one bad apple. The only reason that he's yet to be brought in is that he's providing those treasures that the Emperor loves.']

The screen came to life to reveal Abdul's sweaty face, "By Aladdin's beard! Why are you speaking to me, I want your Captain."

"Captain Abdul, my Captain refuses to speak to you. And frankly, I do not want to either," stated Brick. ['Does this possibly have anything to do with John?']

Abdul bristles with rage, "And why does he refuse? I am the Emperor's Friend!"

Brick stood up put his hand upon his star-sword handle, "Because all that you cause is trouble for any Naval Vessel that does business with you!" ['Will he deny his actions?']

"I have NEVER caused trouble for the Navy!"

"Then what about the two Patrol Cruisers that were lost in the Vescar star system?" ['I was right. The Storm Riders fried the Inca's and El Dorado's computer, allowing for their capture.']

"Fool! I warned about the Storm Riders!"

"Not until after the fact! You waited until we lost the Inca and the El Dorado before you warned us!"

"Blame me not for naval incompetence! Blame yourselves!"

['This is getting us no where.'] "Then tell me why you called, before I end your life."

['Would he actually do it?'] "Bah! To attack the Emperor's Favorite is to end your career! You will become a slave!"

"Not after the computer has read your aura. Now, the truth is known. You are no longer a favorite!"

['Oh No! I must tell and hope to restore my status.'] "Very well. I shall soon have the Treasure. I have found it, and will deliver it to you!"

"Oh? And where did you get this information?"

"From the Rim Queen."

Then Abdul cut the transmission, "Damn! Lynn, Lonnie, take command. I'm going to tell the Captain."

As he left, he heard a chorus of, "Aye, aye, Sir."

* * *

John looks her in the eye as they are in bed after sating their passion. Her perfect, lithe body glistens with sweat and loving as he adoringly drinks in her simple beauty.

"Jane?" ['I am so lucky to have found her.']

"Yes, Love?" she responds as she stretches like a cat, popping several joints and easing tension pent up from the tension of the last few days. ['Yes, I DO Love him with all of my heart.']

Johnny caresses her breasts, "Just what is this 'curse' that I must defeat?" ['I have NEVER heard of anything like it, could she be afraid to love?']

Jane opens her eyes and sees that her lover is serious, "It all began when I was in school, I wanted to wear the girl's uniform, so I would not do my homework for punishment," she giggled. ['Oh what fun that was while it lasted.']

Then Johnny kissed her on the lips, "I don't understand." ['Well I do, but I want for Jane to tell me.']

Jane "The punishment was to wear the other sex's uniform for a week," she purred. ['Wearing the hose during winter and summer was nice too.']

Then Johnny chuckled at her antics, "And you of course made sure to wear a girl's uniform all year long."

"Well, the Truant Officer simply enforced the rule, never filed a report with the Board as there was no rule to do so at the time," she moaned as she stretched. ['Unfortunately, that has changed recently.']

Then Johnny gently stroked her cheek, "And by the time you graduated, you had been in a girl's uniform all through school."

She then moaned in extreme pleasure, "Yes, thanks to my being an orphan and under the Truant Officer's Authority." ['I learned about being a girl then and most everybody thought that I was a girl too.']

['Truant Officer? That's strange.'] "What about your parents?"

"[sniff, sniff] That's where my Curse begins, Johnny," she cried. ['Can they forgive me? Or am I doomed to Hell?']

"How can THAT be?" he asked as he cuddled her to him. ['I will protect her from her curse with all of my Power.']

[sniff, sniff] "When I was in the crib, [sniff, sniff] some stupid parent saw that I was wearing the wrong outfit, sniff, sniff] and my parents were, [sniff, sniff] executed on the spot." [sniff, sniff] She wept at the memories.

Then he put his hand to his mouth, "MY GOD!! How old were you?" he asked as he gathered up several tissues for her.

"[sniff, sniff] I was 5 at the time. Why?" ['What could my age possibly matter?']

"Because, I have a feeling that your parents were outed for helping against the Imperials, NOT because of you. Even though you were in a crib." ['She has lived with this burden for years. Though, why she stayed in a crib seems strange.']

[Oh no! He's got it all wrong!'] "Johnny, that crib was actually a child's bed that began as a crib. The sides fold down under the mattress, allowing the use of drawer space underneath," she sighed.

"That's good to hear. For a moment, I thought that they were abusing you."

"No, they were not that way. They understood about my need. In fact, they actually got Truant Officer Patricia Murphy to ignore my crossdressing. If she had told Dean Whitmire, I'd have been orphaned long ago."

"Then I'd say that your parents are innocent. It sounds as if they were murdered by vigilantes."

Then she looked at Johnny with renewed hope in her eyes, "Why do you say that, my Love?" ['Can he possibly end my Curse for me?']

"Because simply wearing a pink outfit is no reason to MURDER your parents!" ['Not even the Imperials are THAT stupid.']

Then she began to weep as the revelation hits her full force that the Imperials had murdered her parents and she was innocent, [sniff, sniff] "Oh, Johnny, [sniff, sniff] you're the first one that I told this too. [sniff, sniff]" ['Now I feel free of my guilt after all this time. Is it any wonder why I love him so much?']

Then Johnny held her in his arms after he had covered them with the blanket, "You were afraid to look at your past before, NOW I AM here to protect you," he promised. ['She is more important to me than my Legacy.']

Then she lay under him and pulled him down upon her, "Then protect me by loving me back to sleep," she ordered as she lay back, ready to accept him in her body. ['Loving him is more wonderful than I could have ever imagined before now.']

With that, he gentled her into the arms of sleep as he worshiped her from within.

==================
Interlude-M.I.B.D.
==================

Deep within the base, Mary led the King to a vast natural dome where an army of women wearing black unitards were practicing battle tactics with hand weapons. Each woman used a different weapon to either down her opponent or defend herself. What amazed the King was that they were equally matched.

"Well, your Majesty, what do you think of our self defense skills?" Mary asked impishly. ['It will be interesting to see how we compare with the Trillannii.']

Taking careful stock, the King carefully evaluated, "From what I can see, your army is much better than any other."

"Thanks, that is because we teach each Agent to be self reliant and to be a team player." ['Let's see if he can tell the truth about out training.']

The King shook his head, "No, we do too, it's much more than that." ['We use special training to hone our soldiers into their peak levels and stay there.']

Nodding in acceptance and admiration of his evaluation, "You're right. we are also the recipient of genetic tailoring."

"Well, at least yours doesn't make your Agents into monsters that the Imperials put their soldiers through," the King chuckled. ['Sounds like they use medical intervention, where we use psychic.']

"That's because we tailor each Agents body so that all genetic defects are eliminated, giving them a quadrupled lifespan." ['Now for the astonishment.']

"400 HUNDRED YEARS!! THAT'S AMAZING!! WE HAVE ACHIEVED NO WHERE NEAR THAT LEVEL OF ADVANCEMENT!!" said an amazed King as he sank into the lounge chair that suddenly appeared under him to prevent any harm.

"I guess THAT is where we can have a few negotiations on possible trading of resources your Majesty," Mary giggled as she thought about a successful contract.

"Why have you not released this to the public?" ['Do they have some secret agenda? Should I be worried?"

Mary passed him a stein of cold Trillannii beer, "King Reginald, our tailoring is through a special usage of nanites, which the Empire has used to create their monsters," she shuddered.

He held her until she relaxed, "You know something about them, don't you?" ['What is this secret?']

She smiled, "Yes, the Empire captured an old model of our Transition Chamber. But unfortunately, it doesn't work the way that they want," she sighed.

"Let me see if I have this right, your chamber only transitions from male to female."

"Yes, and tailors them as needed."

"And the Empire wants only to perfect men."

She looks him in the eye, "Those freaks are to be pitied. They never live long and live with constant pain."

"And why would you let us have access to this technology?"

"Because you would not create monsters."

"Mary, we have actually cured a few."

"Oh?" ['Will they share the cure?']

"They serve as Palace Guards now."

"Can you share the cure?"

King Reginald sighed, "Unfortunately, the cure is by means of crystal technology that only a trained expert can use, sorry."

She placed a hand upon his, "King Reginald, please help us. If we can adapt your cure to our chamber, it'll give us a new weapon to use as we cure the Emperor's Beast Men."

"So, that's what you call them."

Then a slender blond beauty wearing a gray bodysuit approached and saluted Mary who returned the salute," Mary, we have a report on the Galactic Princess."

Turning to the King, "Do you know any of this, your Majesty?" ['I wonder just how good his network is?']

The King shrugged, "Nothing confirmed yet, my Agents only send me facts, not rumors." ['Too easy to make a bad call any other way.']

"Well, same as mine and no doubt you will get the same information when you return. Too bad that Security Procedures prevent you from real time contact," Mary sighed. ['The bane of our Agency.']

Then the King grinned at Mary, "Believe me, if I did not trust you, my People would raze this base to the ground in retaliation," he laughed. ['Her Agency has proven itself too many times for me to doubt her.']

Turning to the blond Agent," Report Agent Moondragon!" ['Now to show him how good we really are.']

Then she saluted Mary who returned the salute, "The Princess is heading out this way with the Emperor's Envoy."

"DAMN IT ALL TO HELL!! THE LAST RUMOR WAS THAT SHE WAS COMING ALONE!!" exclaimed the King as he jumped out of the lounge chair. ['Now I am worried about my son, he needs this information, PRONTO!']

Then Mary placed a sympathetic hand upon his broad shoulder, "Same as us, my friend, same as us." ['No doubt he is worried about his son on board the Rim Queen.']

He looked sheepishly at them, "I apologize, ladies. You see, it's not the Imperial Envoy that's accompanying the Princess, it's Grand Admiral Jolleck. He's with her to capture my son, he sighed.

Agent Moondragon smirked, "Sir, even if it is Thrawn, with your son on board the Rim Queen, he is safe. And if still on board the Aztec, he'd be with a crew loyal to him."

"King Reginald, the Agency will do its best to keep your son safe."

The King looked at Mary in acceptance of the offer," I guess this means that we are united at least in deed if not heart," he smiled as he uttered the idea of uniting with the Agency. ['If we combine our forces, can the Empire stand against us?']

"Come, your Majesty, we both know that your trip here is the start of our combining our resources, I hope that you have all the documents that you need." ['I have wanted this too, but had to wait for him to come to me.']

Then he pulled out a mini-comp filled with documents, "Yes, hopefully by combining resources, we can cover more area and expand our range."

"My thoughts exactly your Majesty."

* * *

Then as the lovers awoke from their slumber, they were brought back to reality by a rude announcement," TRANSITION TO REAL SPACE IN TEN MINUTES, COMMANDER CARTER TO THE BRIDGE!"

"I guess that you need to be there to land us."

"Yeah, but the trouble twins can do it on their own, I'm there in case our cargo is suspect," chuckled John.

"John, we are on our way to get the Treasure, NOT delivering cargo."

"My bad. I was joking."

"Then I guess that I'll go tend to the Captain," Jane purred as she donned her robe so she could get to the shower.

Then John flicked a toggle at the head of his bed, "Acknowledged, I'll be there shortly."

* * *

Meanwhile in the Captain's Ready Room, the Captain was reviewing the latest report on the Princess, "Damn! With that monster out here, things can get dicey real quick! Is there anything that you can do Steele?" ['He is supposed to be the best according to rumor, I just hope that he's as good as rumor says he is.']

George Adrian Steele was the Rim Queen's Security Officer and father of Aaron Breck Steele, A.K.A. Brick. Steele had become the Security Chief after the Captain had lost his legs.

Then he looked at the report that the Captain passed over, "Doubtful at this time other than enact some rather exotic countermeasures that might not work," he sighed. ['That monster has a very bad habit of doing the unexpected.']

Then the Captain drank some of his steaming coffee, "Well, as soon as Johnny has taken care of landing us, he will be here and give us his input." ['That is unless he comes here first to be introduced to the rest of the crew.']

Then Steele chuckled, "He will be amazed to see me, my friend." ['It will be nice to see my son's best friend.']

"Oh? And why is that?" ['Has Johnny some secret that I need to know?']

"He is best friends with my son Brick who just happens to look just like me."

Then they hear a buzz from the door, "Looks like we get to see his reaction now," chortled the Captain as he let Johnny in. [' I wonder if Johnny knows about his friend's dad?']

Then Johnny stepped through the door and saluted the Captain who returned the salute, "Sir, I have yet to be introduced to the crew, do they know that I am in Command or was that request S.O.P.?" [' I should have taken care of this already, but I was too caught up in loving Jane.']

"Not S.O.P., John, they know," replied a deep, resonate voice from the stranger. ['Poor boy, he got caught up in loving that vixen, Jane, and I do not blame him either from what the Captain tells me.']

Turning to the stranger Johnny sees who he believes to be his best friend, "BRICK!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!?" John shouted as he hugged the bronze giant as he stood.

Then a deep, resonate rumble erupted from his chest as he laughed, "I am afraid that you are quite mistaken, Jonathan." ['He sees my son, not me as I knew he would.']

Then Johnny looked at his friend as the Captain pressed a toggle on his desk, "What do you mean, Brick?"

"I am Brick's father, George Adrian Steele," he rumbled as he chuckled. ['I can see why Brick likes this man.']

Looking at the older man, John saw the older man's telltale graying temples that was the only difference that he could see, "Brick NEVER told me that he was your double. Only your graying temples give you away, and the fact that you have hair," chuckled Johnny. ['That scamp got one over on me. I wonder what he'll say when he finds out that his dad is our Security Chief?']

Then the Captain cleared his throat, "Johnny, I have already introduced Steele to the Crew, Time for me to do the same for you, follow me," Then the Captain floated out the door onto the bridge as Johnny and Steele followed.

* * *

Johnny steps onto the bridge where things are not as well as need be. The main screen reveals a planet shrouded in a deadly storm, and the mist hinders sensor contact and starts to disrupt the transition coils.

"Report Helm!" orders the Captain.

"Target planet's weather is a mess, Sir!" came the cavernous drawl.

"Has the Queen ever landed in such weather before?" Johnny asked.

"Yes Sir! But only with damage," came the drawl from Navigation.

"Now what is the problem that you call me to the bridge? Can the Queen NOT safely land?"

Then Jeff sat back down and chuckled, "Oh we cayun, but thuh Chief wiyill blow a gaskyet if we hurt the Queen," responded Jeff.

Then Johnny called Engineering," Engineering, this is the Bridge, please report to Commander Carter on the Bridge A.S.A.P."

A brogue from the Highlands of the United Kingdom blared over the intercom, "WHO IN THA' BLOODY HELL HAS THA' GALL TA CALL ME TA' THA BRIDGE WHEN I'M NEEDED DOWN HERE!"

Then a mirthless chuckle emitted from the deep bellows up front," Sir, Chief Engineer Piper will NOT be pleased being summoned here for any reason."

"Well, it's time that I set the tone of my Command with our Engineer then," replied Johnny.

Then the Captain floated over to the unmanned Communications station and waited with Steele who had taken the seat there, "Now we'll see just how Johnny handles our firebrand of an engineer," he chortled.

"Well, it is NOT Captain Trent calling you. Come up here, or find yourself planet side, swabbing away dust on old relics," replied Johnny with a feral grin. ['I can tell that this one is full of fire. Just the type I need to care for the ship.']

"I'LL BE RIGHT THERE, SMART ASS!"

"Johnny, get ready for a storm, known as 'Piper', Hope that your luck holds out," chortled Captain Trent.

"You'll need it," agreed a smiling Steele.

* * *

Then a petite redheaded green eyed pixie of a woman stormed onto the bridge and stalked over to where the Captain was, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YA' DOIN' CALLIN' ME UP HERE FOR CAP'N? DON'CHA KNOW THAT I GOT A SHIP TA' RUN?" she asked as she tapped her foot.

"Piper, it was not I that called you up here," chortled the Captain. ['She is truly a hot headed Irish girl.']

"Then who be tha one Cap'n?"

"That would be me, Miss."

"Turning to see Johnny, she is aghast to see him, "Glory Be! Is it truly tha' Prince?"

"Yes, I am Prince Jonathan Carter: Heir of the Trillannii Throne."
* * *

King_medallion.jpg