Menu Load Error

- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Chapter 3

Not all are comfortable in their new clothes

Chapter 3

Now all the ‘girls’ were assembled and had warmed up the trainers started setting new skills for them to learn.  They had to negotiate a slalom course through cones both forwards and backwards and some of the more confident were learning to hold a course on one leg holding the other leg high. Bob found himself in the advanced group while Jack struggled, his long legs counting against him as he tried to balance.

Bob found it strange and exciting as the trainers skated alongside holding his leg higher to achieve a perfect posture and encouraged him to hold his arms out in a flying pose. Having Rachel the trainer touching his leg while wearing tights made him feel very exposed.

“You’ll find your legs will look better if you de-fuzz Bobbi, we’ve some shiny and sparkly tights that we’ll introduce later when you do a display and your hairs will be noticeable then.”

“Err OK.” replied Bob, ‘like I’ll be wearing this get-up again,’ he thought. “Won’t I be wearing trousers next week?”

“No, we need to have you all looking the same, this will be the standard for your group, I realise it takes a bit of getting used to and you feel exposed but you will really miss the freedom of movement.”  Rachel replied

“I see that but....” He was going to say ‘but I’m a boy’, but XX had left him to attend to one of the girls who had fallen.

The lesson changed to getting the skaters into groups and moving together in a synchronised way. Bob was linked with Sarah and managed to ask her. “What’s going on with the skating gear? Rachel thinks I’m going to be dressed the same next week, she even suggested I shave my legs?”

“I’ll talk to you and Jack later, there’s been a misunderstanding.” She smiled and then the sequence made them separate. Bob looked across at Jack, he was linked in another group, he was smiling and joking with the others, didn’t seem to have a care in the world. Bob on the other hand was thinking ‘I thought this was a mistake, a one off for fun. Of course we’ve worn the stuff now, it can’t be returned. Do they expect me to keep wearing it?’

The session ended and the girls left the ice for the changing room. They normally went for a drink afterwards so everyone would meet in the foyer. Tina followed Bob and offered to help him change which he gratefully accepted. She unzipped the leotard and unclasped his bra. “Get changed and I’ll clean off the makeup for you, I’ve got my bag here, Sarah will look after Jack. “

“Thanks, I’ll wait for you at the mirror.” Bob replied

As he changed out of the skating clothes he did enjoy the feeling the tights as they slid down his legs. ‘They would be better if I shaved’ He thought. Then he came back to reality, ‘what am I thinking, of course not, I’m not wearing this again.’ He placed all the clothes in the bag they had been delivered in and tied it to the boot bag.

Bob left the changing room, Tina took a bit longer but eventually she arrived. She giggled at his appearance. “I’ve a spare dress if you would prefer?”

“You’re very kind,” replied Bob “but no, I’ve had enough of that for one night.”

“Shame, you looked good, you even look girly now.”

“Thanks, that makes me feel so good.”

“My pleasure.” She teased.

Tina cleaned off the makeup and brushed his hair into a more boyish style. “There, back to what passes for normal more’s the pity.”

“Thanks for your help, that was an experience I didn’t expect.”

“I’m sure Jack will be even more pleased to change.” Tina smiled.

As they left the changing rooms, everyone was carrying their kit bags but some of the girls had just put a skirt on for a bit of modesty. Bob liked the look their thick tights gave their legs and the form fitting leotards. Then he remembered he’d looked like that only a few minutes ago. It just didn’t feel right, it wasn’t that he hadn’t enjoyed it but boys aren’t supposed to wear things like that and especially not go the whole hog with fake breasts and makeup.

The bar was in the ice-rink’s reception area and there were other people in, it had a window to the rink. Another group, all men, had taken to the ice and they were being trained in a similar fashion. A lot of them were clearly inexperienced and they were still in street clothes, there were a lot of jeans with wet bottoms. Bob then realised how easily others had been able to see him.

“They’d look a lot better in proper stretchy lycra trousers and tops.” Observed Tina.

“That’s what Jack and I thought we’d ordered.” Replied Bob.

“Aah.” Said Tina.

“Aah what? You didn’t think we ordered leotards did you?”

“No, I was surprised with what you wore, pleasantly surprised mind.”

“Sarah said something before.” Tina looked like she’d betrayed a confidence.

“And?”

“I think I’d better let her tell you.”

“Oh.” Bob was confused.

They reached the bar, Bob looked for Jack but couldn’t see him, there were only girls there, he could see half of his group sat by the viewing window others were at the bar. The group had a strict no rounds rule as it wasn’t fair on drivers and soft drinks lovers so he bought his own beer and walked over to the group. The bar was dimly lit to avoid distracting the skaters but quick head count showed only two more to come in.

Bob was very surprised to see Jenny and Liz were the last to arrive. Where was Jack?

“Hi dude” He heard Jack’s voice but only saw girls around him.

“Jack?”

“Jackie, if you don’t mind.”

“What the.....”

“I know, seems weird huh.”

Jack was still wearing the skating gear but had a short skirt on, his makeup had been redone from the OTT rink style they’d both had but he was definitely wearing lipstick and eye shadow.

“Did Sarah make you do this?” Asked Bob, his friend looked disturbingly comfortable and convincing.

“No.”

“So why? You kicked up such a fuss before.”

“I just decided I liked it. Sarah leant me a skirt so I could stay dressed a bit longer.”

“But we’re in a public bar, people will see you.” Bob was concerned for his friend.

“Did you notice me?”

“No but.”

“But nothing.” Jack was very calm and assured. “I like it, I like the feel of the clothes, my legs feel marvellous,  I can’t wait to shave my legs to make them feel even better. I like the way people look at me, I loved the skating I was so free.”

“Oh.” Bob was taken aback.

“I’m surprised you didn’t do the same. You loved it too, it was obvious.”

“But I was conned into it, I didn’t want to do it. Boys should only do this as fancy dress, as a one-off, they shouldn’t be trying to be convincing as a girl.”

“Did you enjoy it?”

“Well I, maybe but no I shouldn’t.”

“Did you enjoy it?”

“Yes...” whispered Bob.

“Did anybody die, worlds collide, Pound drop against the dollar?”

“The pound did drop today.”

“Oh you geek!” exclaimed Jack

“No you’re right, I did enjoy it.”

“I’m doing it again next week.” Jack said confidently.

“I can’t, what will the others think of us?”

“Well they seem mightly bothered at the moment.” Jack looked around, their colleagues were happily chatting, occasionally smiling in their direction. “Tina thinks you looked fantastic, you’re in there!” 

“I know, she was very nice to me, very friendly tonight.”  Bob smiled at the thought.

“Look, they need to keep the same number of skaters, we’ve all come through the same training and we’re learning the routine it would take ages to get anyone else in.”

“What about the trainers?”

“They thought we were girls. They changed the order because they thought it was either a mistake or two girls being shy. They didn’t want an unbalanced look to the squad so that’s why we ended up with the leotards. Did you notice our boots are white? Boys wear black.”

“So that’s what Sarah was going to tell us.”

“Yeah she told me as I changed.”

“I’ll think about it, I can’t promise but it is tempting. You look really nice by the way.”

“Thanks.”

 

To be continued......

 

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: The original characters and plot of this story are the property of the author. No infringement of pre-existing copyright is intended. This story is copyright (c) 2009 Amanda Walker. All rights reserved.