Menu Load Error

- Text Size +

Chapter 1 – Power in the Desert


Dugway, Utah


Benjamin Hasson was on top of the world! His new power generation technology guaranteed more success imaginable even by any of those who came before him. It was a clean energy, cost effective, and produced thousand of times more power then 20 Nuclear power plants put together. But as his world seemed to be getting better and better something horrible was on the verge of ripping apart his dreams and turning the world into an never-ending nightmare.


Benjamin and his partner Gregg Billings were going through the last of the burn-out procedures in their Dugway Power plant when there seemed to be an popping sound that was loud enough to temporary make Benjamin and Gregg go completely death. When their hearing returned there was a loud ringing within Benjamin and Gregg's head. Unsure of what had happened they continued to work but without much success they could not bring the power plant up to full power anymore. After a few hours of investigating into the problem Benjamin and Gregg found that 5 years of work had all been destroyed within a few minutes. This set back ripped through Benjamin's world, even if they recovered from this setback and rebuilt their work there was no guarantee that the same thing wouldn't happen again on another attempt. The popping sound was going to have to be investigated further before anymore experiments were allowed.



Salt Lake City, Utah


Jeanna Thompson hurried through her chores and finally had gotten cleaned up for lunch. The wedding reception was for that night, she could hardly wait to get dressed up. Unlike her new boyfriend who had complained for the last few days of having to get ready for such an event she welcomed it. It gave her a chance to finally get dress up and go out and socialize with other people instead of staying home all the time watching her husband watch sports on the TV and scratch an itch in an unmentionable area of his body.


After she finished lunch she rushed upstairs and began her long preparation for the event. She started the bath and threw some bath beads into the warm water. As always before any bath she would undress and neatly fold her clothes up and put them on the hamper in the corner. Approaching the mirror she would scan her lovely body, although recovering from a long winter she had a beautiful tan. Her long blond hair reached the middle of her back and some curl still remained from the night before but in reality her hair was very straight. Her blue eyes as her boyfriend always said was like looking into a deep blue ocean but every time he fed her that line she would blow it off.


After finishing her regime of health probing she approached the bath tub and lowered herself in the warm water. Her senses seemed to come alive all at once and she pondered all the sensations for an extra long time. She raised on leg above her and extended her arms to the foot and began to lather the soap and wipe the wash cloth down her very long legs. She was about to raise the other leg when there was a popping sound that seem to originate in every direction and was enough to make her ears ring. Feeling the shift in her equilibrium she felt dizzy even though she was sitting in the bath water and felt herself slipping. When she thought she was going to drown she reached for the side of the tub and knocked the bath beads to the floor. She tried to regain herself but her conscious slowly slipped and everything went black.


* * *


Doug Petersen pulled himself out of water. 'What had he been doing in the water?!?” Everything remained fuzzy and in sort of dark shades but his vision was slowly starting to clear. He scanned his memories and about all he could remember was being with his girlfriend Jeanna up in the Tahoe mountains. He had taken one small dirt road after another exploring each for what seemed an eternity and would listen to her make her complaints known very loudly through a combination of heavy sighing and sometimes calling his name in anger. He had finally climbed to the top of one range and started to snake around a small trail that continued to get smaller and smaller. He remembered Jeanna started panicking and before the trail could get any smaller she insisted on getting out of the Jeep and walking behind the Jeep till the road got wider for her. Doug was getting tired of hearing her complain so he let her out and continued up the trail as he watched her in the rear view mirror.


After a few minutes of navigating a few hard parts in the trail it started to go down hill, it got smaller and smaller and he pushed the jeep over to the side so that it was straddling part of the road and the hillside on the left. He gunned the accelerator to move over some boulders and that is when he heard a snap coming from the under carriage of the vehicle, before he could react to what was happening the vehicle had propelled itself forward. The right front passenger tire caught itself within a boulder and immediately twisted the vehicle around and caused it to start in a roll down the hillside.


Doug's memories of the even became to fade and he found himself standing in the water of the unknown location. Vision still blurred his other senses became to heighten. He could smell lilac and a mixture of some other feminine pleasures which seemed to relieve his mind but in reality something was very much wrong and very much different. He stumbled to get out of the water and tripped over the side of the tub and onto the soft fabric of the bath rug. He laid there for a few minutes suffering from dizziness of the movement and the soreness from his chest.


* * *


“Baby? Where you at?” Ray Jeffs said as he scanned he bedroom of the small Salt Lake condo. He approached the bathroom in the master bedroom and saw the light was on within.


“Hmmm, getting all sexy. How about we toss the affair tonight and just stay home and have sex and maybe more sex.” Ray chuckled to himself. “Oh baby you wouldn't believe what happened, there was this strange popping sound earlier. I couldn't figure out what it was but it seem to echo through the whole valley. I guess it was distracting enough it cause a couple collisions on the main streets, I am going to flip on the television and see if there is anything about it on there.” Ray exited the room and continued downstairs where he flipped the television on to found that all the local networks were currently off the air.


* * *


Doug could of sworn he had heard voices but everything was still a deep blur for him and for the most part his chest seemed overly sensitive. He pulled himself up and rested his back against what felt like a porcelain tub. He raised his hands to his chest and began to rub the soft mounds. 'Soft Mounds!?! What the fuck was going on???' He probed his hands around the large mounds and followed them to a stiff nipple. He now had breast and his mind was starting to cascade into a fury of sensations and thoughts. What was he? What happened to him? 'I am Jeanna Thompson.' his new mind quickly shot back. He quickly closed his eyes and felt the dizziness slowly starting to return, after a few his consciousness slipped and he was once asleep on the floor.


More to come...

To be continued... (Incomplete)
Theresa is the author of 3 other stories.