Menu Load Error

- Text Size +
Betsy Wetsy
By
Angel O'Hare
©2008


I was stuck staying with my Auntie Harriet and my two cousins Darlene and Kathy. Auntie Harriet is my mom's twin sister. They're both twenty eight. Auntie Harriet was married first at eighteen, right out of high school. Darlene was born a couple of months later and that explained the marriage. Darlene is ten, Kathy is eight.

My mom didn't get married until she was twenty and I was born two years later two months early, and that makes me six years old and with a few problems being born a preemie. I'm a slow grower, and tiny for my age.

Auntie Harriet is a contest fanatic and her daughters just love entering all of these stupid contests just as much as my Auntie loves entering them. Mom and I have to listen to all the stupid stuff they did all the time when we visit them or when they visit us.

Auntie Harriet plans out their summer once school is out going to one contest to another almost every darn weekend until they win one or have placed so that have to return to continue on in a specific contest.

Well my mom surprised me this year by telling me I had to spend my summer with my Auntie Harriet and my two cousins because her work was sending her to Europe for special training. That's all I needed! Now I have to tag along and watch my cousins in contest after contest. I wouldn't have any fun at all this summer. Maybe I could just stay at the hotels and swim and stuff, but I doubt it, I'm just too tiny to stay alone not to mention too young.

We pull up to my Auntie's place and there they are wearing bikinis coming fresh from their in-ground pool. Auntie scoops me up in her arms and starts tickling me as she usually does, I squeal and wiggles around as she and my cousins laugh their heads off. She says.

"Kimmie you haven't grown an inch and are still as cute and cuddly as you were as a baby."

She always says this and has said this same thing for four years now! I can't help it if I just don't grow, I am three feet tall and I do weigh around thirty pounds. I'm six years old for crying out loud!

I mean, I just finished the first grade, Kathy just finished the third grade and Darlene just finished the fifth grade, we are all still in elementary school. It's just that her girls are so much bigger than I am.

We all go inside once my luggage is brought in. Oh great, they put my stuff in Aunties special doll room! This room used to be the nursery and Auntie kept it that way and now uses it as a display room for her collection and the awards and prizes the girls have won if they are part of Aunties doll theme. The rest of their awards, ribbons, trophies, certificates, stuff like that are in curio cabinets spread out all over the place.

Aunty has cleared out most of the stuff that had been in the nursery and I just groan knowing where I'll be staying for three months! Well, hopefully we'll be traveling most weekends and I'll only be sleeping in here anyway. Everything is pink and white, and I'm not looking forward to sleeping in a darn crib either. She even has a stupid ‘Princess' potty chair in the room!

We're all sitting in the kitchen at the table and I protest as Auntie lifts me up and sets me in a high chair. She and my mom chuckle as do my cousins as I'm locked in as Auntie attaches the table to the chair. She says.

"Sorry Kimmie, but I gave away the girl's old booster seats and you're just too tiny to use the regular chairs. I know how clumsy you can be so it's the high chair and the table for you young man."

My mom jumps to my defense as she says.

"Harriet, Kimmie isn't clumsy at all anymore. I enrolled him in ballet classes last summer. He's done so well in just a year that Ms Brenda has promoted him to the advanced group. Sis, Kimmie moves gracefully now. He needs to stay in practice so I've packed his leotards, tights, and slippers. I want you to make sure he practices for at least three hours a week. He has a DVD and CD with what he needs to do in his backpack."

Auntie then surprises us by saying.

"Once I knew that Kimmie would be staying with us this summer I have only entered the girls in a few local contests this year. There's one at the mall that even Kimmie can enter if you'll sign this permission slip and model release."

Auntie shows my mom the packet of information and I groan when my mom says.

"What can Kimmie do in a ‘Be a Living Doll' contest?"

Auntie laughs and says.

"Come on sis, look at Kimmie and try and convince me that he isn't a living doll already. Anyway, he might not be selected, but I thought it would be something he could be involved with instead of being bored out of his mind watching the girls have all the fun.

"This contest is run by the Everything Dolls Corporation. You've heard of them I'm sure. They have those cartoon shows and have released those animated children's movies using their dolls as the characters. Well, they want to make a few TV shows and maybe even a movie using real children as living dolls. The catch is that the children have to look like the dolls they are portraying. It's a look a like contest where the child must look like the doll.

"The first round is just where the children have an interview, their picture taken and it is scanned into a computer and if there is a doll the company manufactures that the child looks like they are selected for the next round.

"The next round has the child in costume and all made up just as the doll is. They have another picture taken and maybe more with the doll they are supposed to be, have another interview and do a little skit or read from a script. This happens at the malls center court and is well publicized. If the child reaches this round they win prizes. The company then selects the children that will move on to the final round.

"Now, the final round is the biggie. Each child is awarded a thousand dollars, given complete makeovers and is fitted out with a tailored outfit to match the doll they are portraying. The best look a likes are chosen from them and they are awarded contracts.

"Sis, these contracts can be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars! Just think, if Kimmie is selected, you wouldn't have to work another day of your life and be a stay at home mother just like you've always wanted."

My cousins were very excited and were trying to get me just as excited as my mom asked.

"Do they make little boy dolls Harriet?"

I groaned as Auntie replied

"They sure do, they have eight different boy dolls they manufacture."

I groaned again as I watched my mom sign the permission slip and model release forms. My mom even signed a power of attorney form making my Auntie my legal guardian until she returns from Europe three months from now.

Auntie promised to send my mom pictures and even videos of the contest if any of us were chosen.


I was shocked out of my mind that evening after supper and a night of more chatting about the contest.

Mom brought me upstairs and we had a little mom and son chat. You know how those go. I was reminded of the rules and that Auntie was now my legal guardian and I had to obey her as I would my mom. I was then informed some special rules because of where I had to sleep. Mom said.

"Sweetheart, I know you're not a baby anymore and I'm very proud of you, but there are two things that you must accept while you're staying here. The first is that you'll be sleeping in a crib and that means you won't be able to get up and go potty during the night because the crib is much too high off of the floor and you'll get hurt if you try to get out. Auntie will be putting up the side rail so you don't fall out and get hurt. That means you'll need to wear protection at night."

I started protesting right then and there but mom held up her hand in front of my face and I knew what that meant. I shut up fast I didn't want a spanking that's for sure! She continued.

"I didn't say you had to use them Kimmie, they will be used as protection just in case that's all. But, if you have to go potty during the night, then no one will tease you about it because that's why you'll be wearing them. You are not to start hollering and wake Auntie or the girls up in the middle of the night. If you do, you'll be spanked and you'll be left in the crib anyway, so there is no point in thinking about waking any of them up.

""Don't worry Punkin; you'll have a bath every morning just after breakfast. If you wet or mess you'll be cleaned up after breakfast, if you're dry, you'll use the potty chair and then have breakfast. Is that clear Kimmie?

"I want you to promise me that you'll do everything Auntie asks you to do without making any fuss or pouting all day and night. Now, promise me and you know you always have to keep your promises. If you break a promise you know what happens."

I promised my mom and I got a hug and a kiss. The next thing I know is I'm naked and lying on the changing table on a pad. Mom covers my bottom and front with this white gunk and then she uses baby oil that makes that white gunk thin and get in every nook and cranny. She leaves me naked like that and goes to wash her hands as Auntie walks in and stays with me to make sure I don't roll off or fall off the stupid changing table. I'm as red as a fire truck and try to cover my privates. Auntie scolds me as she grabs my hands and washes off the white gunk I've just got on them with baby wipes. She says.

"Kimmie, you've nothing to be modest about, little boys have nothing to hide. Why you're no bigger now than when you were two and I diapered you many times so stop this nonsense. You and the girls often bathed together and ran around naked all the time. They've seen you like this back then and you've seen them with none of this stupid modesty. You have nothing to be embarrassed about. Now you lie here and behave like a good little boy or you'll end up with a very red bottom."

My mom came back in chuckling as the both of them looked over the choices of diapers and things Auntie had available for me. I was not a happy camper let me tell you! The first thing they selected was this,

not only did it have Velcro it had snaps! The next thing they chose was this.
and I really wanted to protest, but just groaned and Aunty said.

"Now Punkin, you know I only have what the girls used to wear and Kathy just wears her night time pull-ups now. This is only for when you're going to sleep in the crib. So be a good little boy. No one is going to tease you Sweetheart."

I wanted my pajamas but the bottoms wouldn't fit and all I had were three pairs of my baseball pajamas and Auntie said.

"None of these match very well, let me get him a top that matches better."

Oh GEEZE, and to make matters worse, we were going down to the kitchen for a nighttime snack and drink!

I was made to waddle along with mom and Auntie as my mom said.

"Oh Kimmie, you're adorable! I can't believe my little boy looks so much like a beautiful baby girl. I could just eat you up!"

Auntie said about the same thing and I was as red as a fire truck and when my two cousins saw me, well, they went Nutso Crazy! At least Kathy was just wearing a short nightgown and her pull-up.

I asked why I couldn't just wear a pull-up like Kathy and Kathy said.

"Because Kimmie, my pull-ups are much too big for little babies to wear."

I was going to holler at her that I wasn't a little baby but then I thought about what I looked like and the promise I had made to my mom. Auntie put me back into the highchair, locked the table on and I was given the same thing the girls got and that was a big glass of prune juice and some banana bread. We also got a glass of water and it was time for bed. My mom would be leaving Monday morning and that gave us Saturday and Sunday to be together anyway.

I was tucked in and Darlene made sure I was given her old Teddy Bear named Snuggles to sleep with. I was tucked in, kissed and I tried to get comfortable enough to sleep. When my mom raised that side rail and I heard it lock in place, I was worried but I was also tired enough that I fell asleep once the light was turned out and the bedroom door closed.


I woke up and it must be in the middle of the night. The little ballerina night light gave off just enough light that I could see the Princess clock on the wall. It's only two o'clock in the morning. My tummy was gurgling and I had to pee real badly. I knew it would be a long night and even a longer morning but the pee wouldn't come out while I was lying down so I stood up. That thick diaper made my legs spread out and as I started to pee, poop started coming out as well! I couldn't stop it and a few minutes later I was lying down and crying in my pillow.

It was after four in the morning by the time I fell asleep again. My mom and Auntie woke me up and I immediately started apologizing but they stopped me as my Auntie said.

"Honey, we knew you would have to go pee-pee during the night. All little boys do. It's okay and well give you a nice bath after breakfast, but your breakfast is getting cold, so no dawdling the girls are waiting."

Before I could protest further mom picked me up and then said.

"OOPS, our little one has done a little poopy as well. Thank goodness you added that chlorophyll to his prune juice sis. I wish I would have known about it years ago. It really does remove the smell doesn't it?"

Auntie then said.

"Yes sis, it works real well and I thought since Kimmie doesn't normally drink prune juice at night it would be a good thing to do. Don't worry Kimmie, your system will get used to the prune juice in a few days. You need it because it has everything a growing boy child needs in it."

They were right, I didn't smell that awful smell poop usually makes, but I sure did feel it as I waddled my way down the hall and down the stairs, yuck!

The final yucky part was when I was sat in the highchair and the table locked in place. I could fell the poop squishing all over my bottom and front. We ate a good breakfast and I could tell Kathy's pull-up was wet because it was poofy and saggy when she left to go upstairs. Mom and Auntie let the girls bathe before I was removed from the highchair and brought upstairs for my turn.

Cleaning me up wasn't too bad with the poop not being smelly, but I sure did go! Mom used baby oil and baby wipes afterwards to clean that white gunk off of me and that made my penis get a stiffy. They just chuckled and I had to walk to the bathroom and tub like that. The girls were still in there and they just smiled at me even with my penis sticking out and bouncing as I walked in.

The girls were in their underwear, Darlene was wearing a bra and panties, Kathy was wearing a t-shirt and panties as they brushed their teeth and then left to get dressed.

Bath time was quick with mom and Auntie both working on me, Auntie on my hair and mom washing me. We were going to the mall for the first part of that contest. Mom and Auntie were excited; I was just resigned to going along. There was no way I would be selected. None of the boy dolls had long hair like I have so I was safe. I would just be bored as the girls went through the process. They are very pretty and I'm sure at least one of them if not both would be selected.

Mom let me wear my cowboy outfit, all black with white pearl snap buttons and white trim on my shirt. My pants are boot cut black ones and my black cowboy boots have white stitching designs on them. I have a shiny black western style belt with white shiny stones set in brass settings with a big brass ‘KT' for a belt buckle. Those are my initials for Kim Taylor. My black cowboy hat has a hat band that matches my belt.

Auntie Harriet, my mom and the girls are all wearing sundresses and sandals on their feet. They look pretty. We get in Aunties car and I groan seeing the car seat I have to be strapped into.
I just can't catch a break! Anyway, we drive to the mall and it's already filling up with cars near where we have to go for the contest.

Auntie drives past them all and pulls up to the valet parking in the parking garage. She pays the man there $10.00 and we enter the mall and see several women directing mothers, girls, and boys into different lines. One mother we heard hollering as her daughter was sent to get in one line and her son was to go into another line. We heard her say.

"I know those longer lines are for the rejects and my son isn't a reject!"

The woman talking to her was calm and said.

"There are no reject lines here Ma'am. The lines you are referring to are for those that need to have their faces scanned to find similarities to dolls in production. The ones in the smaller lines have features we know already match or are close to matching one of our dolls."

The mother was mollified and joined her daughter in one of the shorter lines for girls. The girls outnumbered the boys at least ten to one! The short boy's line held maybe five boys and even the longer boy's line held only about ten so far.

One of the women walked up to us and Auntie handed her our entry and model release forms. The women checked them over and asked us who was who. We were introduced and her name is Ms Fiona. Just our luck to have her say that we were all to go to one of the longer lines and soon had us standing in line with about thirty girls.

I whispered to mom.

"Mom, shouldn't I be in the boy's line?"

That's when my mom asked Ms Fiona what line I should be in. Ms Fiona said.

"Why this one of course, why do you ask?"

My mom told her I was a boy and Ms Fiona laughed and said.

"Katy, remove your cowgirl hat please."

I had to tell her that the K and the T were my initials for Kim Taylor not short for Katy. She just laughed and said.

"That's what I said Katy, your initials. I like it better than Kim."

I removed my cowboy hat saying.

"And this is my cowboy hat, not a cowgirl's hat."

She just laughed again and said.

"That doesn't matter at all Katy. What matters is what doll you look like and now that I can see you better you are a match to one of our more popular dolls. I think Katy and you wearing a cowgirl's hat fit the image better. Please come with me Katy and your mommy too."

She leads us away chuckling and I'm stunned! I'm also worried and nervous as my mom gives me a hug as Auntie and my two cousins get excited for me. I'm in I think and this gets them all excited. I'm just worried sick!


Darlene is first and the woman who takes her picture fastens a pink wristband on her that reads Dee-Dee. Kathy is next and she gets a wristband that reads Kathy. (So my mom and I were informed later on.)

I'm standing in line with about five girls and when It's my turn this lady goes Nutso Crazy and gives me two pink wristbands one for each wrist and they read Sissy and Betsy! OH CRAP!

She even calls this other even older woman over and my mom and I are whisked off to this other room filled with dolls of all sizes. All of the dolls are just in fancy frilly underwear or diapers and fancy frilly covered vinyl panties. I groan as first my mom is instructed to get me undressed down to my panties as another younger woman shows up with a hanger and bag for the clothes I'm wearing. She is given a card and she says.

"Alright Katy, since you've skipped the interview and the photo sections, you've been selected for the first round. There are two of our dolls that match your physical characteristics. One remarkably well just as you are and the other you'll match with just a tiny bit of work. The Sissy doll is a toddler doll and Betsy is a baby doll. What works well is your height. Both dolls are what we call life sized and are three feet tall, just as you are.

"Now, let's get you into some pretty panties and you can pose next to Katy. Then we'll get you into some pretty diapers and rubber panties to pose with Betsy."

Mom is busy as I'm standing there stunned to stillness and soon just in my underpants. Three other women then walk over two are holding dolls and one is holding the fanciest pair of panties I've ever seen! Mom pulls my underpants down my legs and I hear the older woman say.

"Wanda, get the spandex panties. Our special little girl has a secret to hide."

The other women chuckle as there I am completely naked as I'm made to step out of my underpants and wait for a pair of stupid diaper panties. The next thing I know is I'm wearing this tight fitting pair of panties and Ms Wanda shows my mom how to hide ‘my secret' by pushing my marbles inside me as well as my penis! Those fancy frilly panties are then on me.

The doll that is now standing next to me is exactly the same size as me now wearing the identical pair of fancy frilly panties. This is Sissy and we're told she wears slightly older styled clothing than Betsy. Sissy wears lipstick and makeup, has two piercings in her earlobes and her eyelashes are long dark and curled.

Several pictures are taken with me with Katy and then I'm taken to this curtained off area and naked again. Diapers, twice as thick as the one I wore last night! First they lie me down on this padded table and slip this double layered hourglass shaped diaper under me. I'm powdered and then they slip another just as thick bright pink colored diaper under me! This one has Velcro flaps and then they pin it on me using a pair of pins that have yellow plastic kittens for the tops.

I then get a pair of bright pink colored rubber panties slipped over my feet and up my legs. I notice they have pictures of diapered baby animals printed all over them! I have to stand up as everything is tucked under them. These rubber panties sure fit snuggly, not like the vinyl ones at all. These don't crinkle either.

I'm now standing on the floor and we walk, I waddle, out right into a room full of girls! I thought I had heard voices on the other side of the curtain but I wasn't expecting to see a bunch of girls wearing panties posing next to different dolls!

I was walked over to this other little girl who was wearing a disposable diaper. She was smaller than me and was posed next to I guess Betsy. When I waddled up her mother's eyes got huge and she said.

"I guess I know who the winner for the Betsy doll will be! I just hope my little Patty has a chance with another baby doll."

Sure enough when I was stood next to Betsy it was like looking into a mirror! It gave me the creeps! She was my twin! All that was different was the hair style and the fact that I didn't have my ears pierced. Her eyelashes were longer, darker and curled. Her lips were a bright shiny pink and her eyebrows were neater looking. Other than that, we're identical!

That was that I guess because photos were taken and then I was told to just stand next to Betsy. I took the time to look around and was happy to see my cousin Darlene blush as she spotted me looking at her. She was just wearing panties and she has booblets! Her nipples were round as silver dollars, sticking out all puffy and pointy. I smiled and waved, she smiled and waved and gestured to a girl near her.

Now this girl had real breasts and she was wearing thong style panties! I guess the dolls they were trying to match were the older dolls and part of the doll family in a series of cartoons. I didn't feel so badly now about being in diapers and rubber panties.

I got to watch a lot of girls come in, strip down to panties, step out of those panties and into another pair of fancier frillier ones to pose next to dolls and have their pictures taken.

I never did see any other boys come in. I did see a girl that was a better match to Katy than I was though. No one came close to matching me with Betsy though.


I saw Kathy in both panties and diapers posing next to several dolls. Auntie Harriet squealed when Kathy was given the nod to be chosen for the first round. Darlene had been chosen as well, so all three of us will be on stage tomorrow.

The time had come and my mom, Auntie Harriet, Darlene, Kathy and I were now in another room and were given some clothes to put on. Darlene was so happy to get a bra on, and then she was dressed in a cute Tween outfit. Kathy was in a pair of fancy panties and given a young girls outfit. I was the disappointed one as I was dressed in a baby girl's dress that didn't hide the fact that I was in diapers. Even my shoes were ridiculous! Shiny pink leather shoes that tied on with glittery pink ribbon ties. My pink ankle socks had a row of glittery frilly pink ribbon lace over the ankles. Even the dress I was wearing over a ridiculously poofy pink petticoat had a pink satin sash that shortened the already much too short dress making sure everyone got a good look at my diapered bottom!

The same thing was happening to other girls and even some of the boys, but the boys would be boys and I bet they weren't happy being made into baby boys! I bet they were as worried about their reputations being ruined just as I was.

Anyway we are now meeting with official type people and my mom and Auntie are signing more papers. My mom had even more papers to sign along with Auntie's signature when it came to my part of the meeting.

It turns out that the official type folks believed that I was going to be Betsy and that was that. Auntie and mom had to sign agreement papers that had me promising to be in costume every time I went outside of Aunties house for any reason. Only in case of a medical emergency would I be allowed out of costume!

The only time I could be out of costume was when I was inside Aunties house! I asked about swimming in Auntie's pool and they asked if other people could see anyone in the pool or into the backyard where the pool is located. My Auntie told him that just her next door neighbors could see over the fencing if they were upstairs. That was it I had to be in costume even when out in the backyard swimming!

All I could do was groan and then they told us about the smiling clause. I couldn't be pouting or throwing any tantrums or even behaving badly while I was in public or outside. GEEZE, this is going to be one long nightmare of a summer for me!

My mom still had to go to Europe but she agreed to stay with me through whatever I had to go through until Monday when her flight left. The first thing we had to do was go to a salon. I think Darlene and Kathy were given contracts because of me. We found that out when I had tried to back out because mom said I could if I wanted to. I tried but then they told us that Darlene and Kathy would have to go back through the process of qualifying again. We took the hint and I was stuck.

Auntie took Darlene, and Kathy back to get their clothes and change. They would meet us at the salon later. Yeah, I had to go to a salon dressed as I was!

The mall was packed by now the lines were just as long if not longer for the contest. More boys were in line and I felt sorry for them. There was more fussing and arguing going on in the boy's line between the boys and their moms! Man, one of the women in charge grabbed a remote microphone and announced.

"Any boys or girls being disruptive will be brought into the dressing room and diapered quicker than they can blink and then brought back out here to wait in line in just the diapers! If your parent has entered you in this contest, you are entered and WILL go through the process. I suggest you behave and remain orderly and behave in a respectful manner."

Now that worked. A lot of people nearby were laughing, but the boys and those girls that were arguing and creating a fuss were quiet and respectful in an instant! My mom chuckled as we were led out into the mall by Ms Wanda and we walked to the salon.

I sure did get a lot of attention! Almost every little girl we passed pointed and hollered.

"Look Mommy, its Betsy Wetsy and she's alive!"

I was told to wave and smile, this is going to be one long summer!

The salon was waiting for me and by the time we arrived there I had to pose with several little girls and even a few of their moms as they took pictures. I felt sorry for the little boy. His mom made him pose with me and I even had to kiss him on his cheek. She promised that she would make sure he got his very own Betsy Wetsy doll this very day. I think he had made his mom mad and now he was paying for it big time!


My mom and Ms Wanda chuckled and Ms Wanda even gave her a coupon to save 30% off on the Betsy Wetsy doll and or accessories. She let the woman know that they had all of Betsy Wetsy costumes and accessories in the little boy's sizes. I saw the boy's eyes get huge and terror was written all over him. The women just chuckled as we watched as they both walked towards the huge doll store. The little boy was promising to be good forever and ever.

We walked into the salon and I groaned inside as the place was full. Every eye in the place was fastened on me. The receptionist greeted Wanda as an old friend and asked what she could do for her. Ms Wanda said.

"This is Kimberly or Katy as she likes to be called; she's an exact twin to our Betsy Wetsy doll. Veronica, here is a picture of Betsy Wetsy and we would like you to transfer this look to Katy."

Veronica looked at the picture and then to me and said.

"This will be easy Wanda; you'll want the makeup the long lasting type I assume."

Wanda chuckled and said.

"As long lasting and as durable as possible Ronnie, the same for the nails and a perm is in order. Oh and use Keepers for her ears Ronnie, she needs to wear different styles as soon as possible. Her nipples need to be made a tad pinker, other than that, anything you see that can be enhanced or improved feel free and just bill us."

My mom interrupted and said.

"Anything permanent or semi-permanent must be approved by me before it is done. I want to make sure nothing harms my daughter in any way."

Daughter, geeze, now my own mom is doing it, I guess it only makes sense with me looking this way.

Ronnie explained what keepers were. They are tiny inserts that go into the earlobes. They are absorbent and contain an anti-bacterial solution until the skin heals around them. They have a hole in the center just wide enough to hold earring posts. They prevent damage to the earlobes even when heavier earrings are used.

My mom gave her approval, GEEZE!

The coloring for my lips and nipples is a long lasting colored dye made especially for skin. The special solution they use to cover and protect the skin dye will also protect the skin and not harm it in any way.

My mom gave approval for that too, GEEZE!

As far as my eyelashes go they use a colored dye for that as well. It not only dyes the hair but makes it a tad thicker and stronger as well. The protective coating they use over that hardens the eyelashes once they have been curled and will stay that way until the eyelashes grow out on their own.

My mom gave approval and now I'm sunk for good.

The last thing they mentioned was my nails and I would be getting the best. They would be molded using the finest and safest acrylic compound on the market. Everything would last for at least a month save for my lips and nipples. I would need weekly touch up for those.

My mom gave her approval and I was whisked off to a back room with my mom and Ms Wanda. Once we got in a changing room mom was told to remove everything but my diapers and rubber panties. I had to pee and Ms Wanda told me to just use my diaper, that's what they were for. I groaned but quickly smiled when mom swatted my bottom.

I waddled back out into the salon in only my diaper and rubber panties as they started working on me. My hair was washed, rinsed, washed again, rinsed, conditioned, rinsed again, and then it was rolled up tightly onto this things Ronnie called perm rods. They put a rope of gauze padding around my head and ears and then coated each perm rod with this awful smelling liquid. They tied a hairnet over the rods and I was sat under a huge hairdryer. My head got cooked with hot air forever and then the dryer pinged and cool air blew on my head for a minute.

They squirted this other awful smelling stuff on the rods and I had to sit for another long time. This time though, they punched holes in my earlobes and put those keepers in them, two in each ear! I was surprised because the Betsy doll I saw only had one earring in each ear.

My head was rinsed again several times and then it was back under the dryer. This time while I sat there, my feet and hands were put in bowls of warm soapy water. That action made me pee again and I wasn't a happy camper! I had to keep smiling though, mom was right there and she gave me that look. Ms Wanda said that ‘MY' diapers could hold a lot and not to worry about leaking. A few ladies chuckled; I just turned red as a fire truck.

My toenails were painted and sealed quickly enough, but my fingernails went through a more thorough treatment. Little molds were made to fit my fingers and then this white goop was put into the tips of the molds. I had to hold my fingers under this thing with a blue light in it that also blew hot air on my nails.

Cool air was blowing on my head as the molds were removed and I had to wear a mask as this other woman sanded them and made them look perfect. The dryer was turned off and rolled away as this woman painted and then sealed my new fingernails a shiny pale pink that matched my toenails.

The next thing that happened was they attacked my eyebrows and yanked half of them out one by one. They put a lotion on them afterwards that stopped the stinging and burning feeling. My lips were next as they used this pale pink colored paste on them and then wiped it off. They did that to my nipples on my chest too! Then came this liquid they painted on that made my lips tingle and shiny, they did that to my nipples as well and I was one tingly uncomfortable kid then! The stuff dried and now my lips look wet, puffy and a shiny pink, they feel like they are made of rubber!

My poor nipples are puffy now as well. That stuff turned them into rubber and they look swollen and hard! They sure do poke out now. I'm as red as a fire truck as Ms Wanda touches them and says.

"Perfect, just like Betsy Wetsy's nipples."

GEEZE, these will poke out and show under anything I wear, especially just a t-shirt or pajama top! Not even Kathy has nipples like these. Darlene's are bigger and puffier though, but she's ten!

My eyelashes were dyed a dark black color and then coated with this other stuff they used a little toothed brush and combed the color into them. Then they used this weird looking thing that curled them perfectly and now my eyelashes feel like they are made of plastic.

It was finally time for them to finish my hair and GEEZE, do I have a mass of curls now! Everyone went Nutso Crazy over me and I was happy to get in the back and get dressed again. When we walked out people were taking my picture and I had to pose with Ronnie and almost everyone else in the salon!

Auntie and my cousins were waiting and they went Nutso Crazy as well. Our walk back to the place my clothes were at was even more chaotic as when I walked to the salon. Everyone knew who I was supposed to be and Betsy was called out by every little girl that saw me. I had to smile and wave, sign autographs, pose for pictures, and give a few kisses. One little boy kissed me right on my lips, GEEZE!

My mom was given my clothes that were in a box that was in a bag from the doll store. I asked where I could change and was told I couldn't change my clothes until I was inside my Auntie's house. They would let me change my diapers though, GEEZE!

We passed a big poster with the pictures of the dolls with their names under them and I saw that Betsy was crossed off the list with a big X and the word filled written over it. I saw one of the baby boys was listed as filled as well. His name is Billy the Brat and he was a bigger size than I was, and then we ran into the living version.

That poor kid was a mess. It looked like he had been crying for ages. His eyes were all red and he looked more depressed and scared than a man waiting for the hangman's noose!

He looked to be about eight years old and he was because Kathy knew him from school and he had been in her class! Billy the Brat I guess only wore black or bright t-shirts with sayings like ‘NO' - ‘I Don't Like You' - and a host of other things bratty kids say often. He only wears matching solid colored vinyl pants over thick diapers and black high top sneakers with white knee socks. He was wearing a bright red t-shirt that read "That's Mine, Give It Too Me!" with bright red vinyl pants over thick diapers.

Kathy walked over to him and he actually cringed when he saw her. She ended up giving him a hug and whispered to him. I saw him smile then and he looked a lot better when he smiled. Kathy called me over and he just stared at me and said.

"Geeze, you look exactly like Betsy Wetsy. You're a lucky little girl people are going to love you. If you were me all they would do was call you names and make fun of you. I lost all my friends the second I walked out looking like this." (He spread his arms out while looking down at himself)

I whispered to him, "Friends like that aren't real friends and I'm not a little girl, I'm a six year old boy."

That got his eyes to pop open real big and he said.

"Sorry dude, looks like we're in the same nightmare. My mom insists I do this because we need the money. My dad got hurt on the job and isn't working. I think my dad hates me now. He won't even look at me."

Just then his mom walked forward and gave him a hug and told him that he would only have to dress up for appearances and when he was working.

I said.

"Your luckier than I am dude, I have to stay dressed like this every second of every day unless I'm inside my Auntie's house."

We left Billy the Brat and he was feeling better about things. He was feeling better when his mom told him to tell his friends how much money he was making by appearing as Billy the Brat. I guess it was a lot because he started smiling more.

Anyway, the four of us were treated to a combination lunch and supper at one of the nicer restaurants in the mall. I got lucky and the place had a booster seat for me. Betsy was alive and well and the pictures the manager of this restaurant took proved it.

We made the trip back to the store and now I was getting even more attention, a news crew from the local TV station was on hand to shoot a little footage for tonight's broadcast. If the news was slow they might even show it. Susan Monday, the TV reporter approached us and Ms Wanda filled her in on the short version.

"This is Kimberly Taylor, but she likes to be called Katy. She is our Betsy Wetsy living doll. You'll be seeing a lot of her in the near future. Billy the Brat has been filled as well, but tomorrow should be a very busy day as the contest continues for the other dolls remaining."

I was made to stand next to a Betsy Wetsy doll and now you'd need to watch for movement on my part to tell us apart, that's how identical we appeared. I had to stay absolutely still for five seconds and then I stepped sideways and gave the doll a kiss on her cheek. I guess they were going to do the ‘which is the doll and which is the real girl' thing for the news if it was ever shown.

My cousins had to show up tomorrow at 8:00 in the morning to get outfitted and be ready for their contest appearance. I had to go back to the doll store and get a bunch of stuff that would be delivered to my Auntie's house later on. Auntie and my cousins would hang out at the mall while my mom and I did what we had to do. Mom would call Auntie when we were ready to leave.

I never thought dolls had so much stuff! Betsy had her own tricycle, stroller, carriage, play pen, highchair, and ton's of baby girl toys, baby bottles, sippy cups, and even a pink child harness with little bells on it with reigns the mother held!

The clothing was the worst part of all! Yucky romper suits, bathing suits both one piece and two piece suits made to be worn over diapers. Short sets that were more like a long top with diaper cover panties that matched the top. Lots of shoes, sneakers, sandals, and even ballet slippers, and yeah, Betsy even had a tutu, leotards and other dancing stuff. She even had a karaoke machine!

The diapers and diaper cover panties were the worst of the worst though. There wasn't a plain pair in the bunch. The only plain white stuff was the thick double liner diapers that went inside the other fancier thick outer diapers that Velcro fastened and then were pinned on. Some of these outer diapers were so fancy they had special clear or sheer tinted vinyl covers so they could be shown off! I stifled a groan and stifled the tears that threatened to fall. This would be one long nightmare of a summer for me!

The only plus side to all of this was if I made enough money so my mom could stay home and not have to work anymore. That would be the coolest! Anyway, three months of this and then I'd be done with it. Once school started the contract was up and I'd be free again. Mom would be able to stay at home and be there for me. We could then do a lot of cool stuff together because she wouldn't have to work anymore.

The one other plus side of this is that I live a two hours drive away from my Auntie and cousins place. No one knows me here.

The furniture was even worse than the stuff in Auntie's special room. Luckily for me as with the stroller and other play things is that they are all made for a doll that only weighs between five to seven pounds and I weigh thirty. I was glad too because everything had the Betsy Wetsy name on it in a prominent place. Her name was on almost everything somewhere.


Mom called Auntie when the last stuff had been selected and the clothing that needed altering had been marked. Mom had even went for another private meeting while I had to wear other stupid dresses, fancier ones for places like church and even holiday clothes. Stupid Halloween costume had me being a fairy with wings and slippers with little bells on them, I felt like such a doofus wearing that, but the women went Nutso Crazy. All these had to be altered to fit me perfectly.

Auntie and my two cousins showed up a few minutes after mom called them and they wanted to do a bit more shopping. They saw a store that had a summer sale going on. Ms Wanda said to my mom.

"Mrs. Taylor, why don't you use the stroller for Katy, all of the furniture and things we are giving you have been upgraded to hold up to seventy five pounds. You can even store a bag or two in the back of the stroller. Our little Betsy looks tired out and I don't think she could take walking the mall."

OH CRAP! She went on as she said to me.

"Remember Katy, your name is Betsy when you're out in public. Remember how we showed you to sign your name and don't forget to draw a little heart when you sign autographs."


Okay, now I'm being pushed along by my cousin Darlene. They had even put a Betsy Wetsy diaper bag in one of the pouches on the back of the stroller. Yeah, a bright pink with white trim stroller! It even has Betsy Wetsy in glittery script written on the sides of the stroller, GEEZE!

I've never had to smile and wave so often in my life! Every time I looked around someone was taking my picture or some little girl was squealing ‘Betsy' and waving at me.

We finally made it to the other store at the opposite end of the mall of course! My cousins were getting their ears pierced again. They wanted two holes in their ears to match mine. While they were getting that done, mom whispered in my ear that I should call her mommy while I was Betsy. I rolled my eyes but agreed, she made me promise and I made sure I added ‘mommy' at the end of my promise. She smiled so big I thought her lips would split! Mommy is one very happy mommy!

My cousins were very happy now as well with two more holes in their earlobes and a few more pairs of earrings. The next stop was bathing suits and the girls both wanted bikinis. I was glad all of my swimsuits had been supplied because I sure didn't want to try any on here! As it was I was wheeled into the dressing room as the girls tried on several bikinis. I couldn't believe they had such tiny bikinis for young girls but my Auntie said the tiny thong styled ones with the tiny triangle tops were for tanning and not for swimming in. I'm glad I don't have any of those you might as well be naked!

Darlene tried on a few bra and panty sets and even Kathy was treated to a couple of sets of training bras with matching panties. We then all looked through summer clothes and I was jealous because they got to buy shorts and tops, and even a few nice pair's slacks, belts, blouses, and other stuff I'll never get to wear. I have to wear baby girls stuff all summer.

The toy department turned out to be a nightmare for me. I was quickly surrounded as my two cousins got to pick out a few games and art kits. I had to sign autographs and get kissed a hundred times! Auntie bought me a few coloring books and an art kit for me when I would be stuck inside the house if it was raining outside.

I was thirsty and asked ‘mommy' if we could stop somewhere and get something to drink. I got another shock when mommy handed me a baby bottle filled with juice! I tried to hand it back to her, but she gave me that look and even said.

"And what do you say little girl?"

"Um, thank you mommy." GEEZE

At least no one stopped us as I was drinking the bottle. Mommy just wheeled us out and back to the valet parking area. I was so glad to be strapped into the car seat and heading back to Auntie's house! This has been one long nightmare of a day and tomorrow was going to be worse!


We made it home at last and I was so happy knowing I would soon be out of this stuff! I couldn't wait to be free of baby girl stuff and diapers if only for a little while before bed.

‘Mommy' carried me upstairs and was soon removing the diapers. Those diapers sure do hold a lot that's for sure. I winced and knew something wasn't right as my entire groin area was burning. Mommy said.

"Oh my, my poor baby has diaper rash. I think we better let the air at this until just before bedtime, and then I'll cover you with some ointment that will take the burning away. We'll make sure you're well coated with the diaper rash cream. It will take awhile for this to heal, let me show your Auntie."

Okay, so now I have to walk around bare! Sure enough all mommy lets me wear are a pair of fuzzy pink slippers!

 

 

 

To be continued... (Incomplete)
Angel OHare is the author of 1 other stories.