- All submissions must be accompanied by a complete disclaimer and copyright notice. If a suitable disclaimer is not included, the site administrators reserve the right to add a disclaimer. Repeat offenders may be subject to further action up to and including removal of stories and account.
Sample Story DisclaimerDisclaimer: The original characters and plot of this story are the property of the author. No infringement of pre-existing copyright is intended. This story is copyright (c) 200? Author Name. All rights reserved.
- Stories must be submitted to the proper category. If there is an appropriate sub-category, DO NOT add your story to the main category. The submission form allows you to choose multiple categories for your story, and we worked very hard to add that functionality for you. So please do NOT add your story multiple times!
- Make sure your titles and summaries are kid friendly. No exceptions.
- " Please read", "Untitled", etc. are not acceptable titles or summaries and are unlikely to make people want to read your story.
- If you are posting fan fiction all submissions must be accompanied by a complete disclaimer. If a suitable disclaimer is not included, the site administrators reserve the right to add a disclaimer. Repeat offenders may be subject to further action up to and including removal of stories and account.
Sample Fan Fiction DisclaimerDisclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author of this story. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any previously copyrighted material. No copyright infringement is intended.
- A number of authors have requested that fans refrain from writing fan fiction based on their work. Therefore submissions will not be accepted based on the works of P.N. Elrod, Raymond Feist, Terry Goodkind, Laurell K. Hamilton, Anne McCaffrey, Robin McKinley, Irene Radford, Anne Rice, and Nora Roberts/J.D. Robb. By the same token, some fictional universes are considered "closed" or "restricted" by the request of their owners. No stories may be posted using these universes without the express written consent of the owner(s).
- Stories involving real persons are not permitted unless they are public figures ...not even if they're visiting an alternate reality. Public figures may only be depicted in satirical or fictional situations
- Correct grammar and spelling are expected of all stories submitted to this site. The site administrators are not grammar Nazis we accept that some things slip through the net. However, the site administrators reserve the right to request corrections in submissions with a multitude of grammar and/or spelling errors. If such a request is ignored, the story will be deleted. We're sorry but we cannot edit your stories, there are plenty of people out there who are more than willing to.
- Rate your story correctly and have the appropriate warnings. All adult rated stories are expected to have warnings. After all, they wouldn't have an adult rating if there wasn't something to be warned about! Most readers know what kind of stories they like so please respect your audience by labeling your stories appropriately. That way readers can find the rating of story they want to read and avoid stories with ratings that they don't, this means that in exceptional circumstances we may ask you to review your story's rating. We use >Please see FictionRatings.com for official usage guidelines. FictionRatings.com is not liable for any improper external use of Fiction Ratings.
- Please note: Stories containing adults having sex with minors are strictly forbidden. Illegal content (including but not limited to child sex and beastiality) is prohibited . We will cooperate with legal authorities in the prosecution of these crimes, so don't post it and don't look for it here. We are not responsible for what contributors post, but if anything illegal is found posted on the site, notify us at tcos AT tgfiction.net and it will be promptly removed.
- Stories with multiple chapters should be archived as such and NEVER as separate stories. Upload the first chapter of your story, then go to Manage Stories in your account to add additional chapters. If you have trouble with this, please contact a site administrator or ask a friend to help you.
- As much as possible, spoiler warnings are expected on all stories. For categories with serialized content, such as series of books or television series, spoilers are mandatory for the current season and/or most recent part. An appropriate spoiler warning to place in your summary would be: Spoilers for Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. DO NOT do anything like this: Spoilers for the one where Spock dies. And lets not even get into a discussion of "Rosebud".
Submissions found to be in violation of these rules may be removed and the author's account suspended at the discretion of the site administrators and/or moderators. The site administrators reserve the right to modify these rules without notice as needed.