Menu Load Error

- Text Size +

Point Of View- Pippa's View 1
Easy As Falling Off A Bike
Fan-Fiction
by Stanman

 

Synopsis:Is where Pippa talks about the story.    

My name is Pippa, i am the secretary for the Dean Of Sciences; Thomas Agnew at Sussex University. He is a brilliant man whose mind is still as sharp as ever and that old codger thinks young too.

 

Me, I am an old maid looking to make a bit of extra money for my retirement, but now that I am here, I feel young again. I started has a part-time secretary, but they wanted to make me full-time and I accepted.

Tom was in the hospital for a bit recovering from a wound and his assistant Cathy Watts took over while he recuperated. She is a real sweet young lady in charge of the Dormouse Study here and she even let me see her pet dormouse Spike.

Spike is a charmer and I could tell that she loved Cathy too, what surprised me was when I got to hold Spike. Cathy let me hold that critter and feed the little darling a Brazil nut. Spike tickled my palm when she thanked me for the nut, then Cathy put her back in her cage.

Cathy as a knack for teaching young students, even though she is still on herself. She has her Doctorate in the Study of Dormice and is now leading a team of students in the survey.

It is hard to believe that that wee girl is dong everything that she is doing, but that girl is full of spunk and thanks to Tom, she will telling the world about dormice.

Cathy is quite photogenic and the press loves her too. She and Spike have been on television when the B.B.C. did a spot on dormice. Cathy and Spike were featured and poor Spike got scared by those flashing cameras and scampered into Cathy's blouse.

Cathy was quite embarrassed about it and had to put up with everybody commenting on Spike's antics, but Tom was correct too. Thanks to Spike, the University got the funding needed and now Cathy is known around here as Lady Dormouse.

She is engaged to Simon Cameron whose dad is the president of the local bank. Old George Cameron loves Cathy and heartily approves of her as a daughter-in-law.

But things have not always gone so well for Cathy either, that girl has had to go through some tough times while I have been here.

She has had to go and see her Father up in Bristol, he had a stroke and Cathy is all the family that he has left. She loves her Dad but she also wants her career and family. She and her Dad have come to an understanding about her and her life.

But how she ever hooked up with Simon I will never figure out, but they love each other and intend to wed and have a family. She will make a beautiful bride and Simon's sister will make a gorgeous Maid Of Honor.

Those two have had a few misadventures together and that Cathy and Stella are trouble magnets. One time, an elderly lady had a heart attack. Stella stopped to assist as she is a nurse. Then a cad snatched Stella's purse and ran off.

Cathy took off in hot pursuit and caught him in a rugby tackle. I am sure that if she had applied , she would have been accepted on the team. The lady was alright thanks to Stella.

Cathy is always thinking of others ahead of herself, that is what is so special about her and why I think of her as one of my daughters. without Cathy and her influence, I would still be thinking about retiring, she has helped me to start thinking young again and I will always be grateful for that.

To be continued... (Incomplete)
Stanman63 is the author of 11 other stories.