Menu Load Error

- Text Size +

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

 

Derek Watts Point Of View-1
Easy As Falling Off A Bike
Fan-Fiction
by Stanman

 

Synopsis:Is where Derek Watts talks about the story.    

I am Derek Watts, Father of Charles/Cathy Watts. When my son was born, I never thought that he would become my daughter and because of my stupidity, I almost lost my daughter.

 

I do not deserve her love for me, but she has forgiven me and loves me still. Now all that I want is to see my daughter be happy in the life that she has chosen for herself.

When Cathy was still Charlie, he would help his Mum around the house. He was never very "manly" and tended to favor the more domestic activities. Try as I might, he never did all that well in sports and was always picked last for any team.

Whenever he got any toy soldiers, he put them in dresses and skirts, so I took them away because I did not want a "girly boy for a son. At the time, I did not know nor care about what Charlie wanted.

One time, he traded a football away for a doll and was happily playing with it when I got home from work. I took it away and was going to burn it, but something stayed my hand and I am glad now that I did.

That doll was the bridge that we both needed to rebuild our broken relationship that I destroyed years ago in my anger and fury. If not for that doll, I doubt that we would be Father/daughter right now.

I killed Charlie the last night that he was here at home. After that, only Cathy remained behind because Charlie decided to become Cathy then.

When I went to discipline him for being rude to his Mum, he told me that he was really a girl, when he said that, I lost it and beat him until he passed out.

When he left us, I was glad because to me, I no longer had a son, little did I know how true I was and yet how wrong I was at the time.

I did miss Charlie and I wanted for him to come back home, but he stayed away at the University for two years while he transitioned into Cathy.

It took my beloveds death to reunite us again, I have paid a terrible price for my actions and now I am a widower whose daughter fears him. But now I see a daughter and not a son.

I called Charlie when my beloved got sick and was glad that he would come and see about his Mum, but when two beautiful ladies came to see her, I saw my beloved as she looked when we married in Charlie.

Then I began to rebuild the bridge between us. I gave Cathy the doll that i took away from Charlie and we began to mend the fence between us.

What I was not expecting to happen has seemed to help us bond together again. Cathy has been there for me after I suffered from my stroke and has made sure that my finances are secure and the house safe.

She has made me cakes, breads and soups that are as good or better than anything else and she has made sure that I have a bit of brandy too. Cathy has really blossomed into a lady and looks just like her Mum.

My Cathy even has a boyfriend in Simon Cameron. He knows about Cathy and still wants to marry my daughter. He has my blessings because I can see that they love each other. I am not concerned with Simon being gay because my Cathy is a woman as far I am concerned.

Cathy has caused me a few chuckles thanks to her and Spike being on the telly, Seeing that dormouse scamper into her blouse was the funniest thing that I ever saw and Cathy was pleased that she gave me a few laughs.

I know that she has had her surgery and now that thee is no more Charlie, but she is happy now and that is all that is important to me.